zerk in axle??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5bidder

Reaction score
for those of you who put a grease fitting in the carrier, did you take the rubber seals off the bearings? just one side? both?

you have to take off the inner seals or the grease wont get into the bearings. the outers can be left on but usually the first time you pump in grease they will pop out. wont do any harm to leave them in and prob could add a little more protection from dirt

well I got some cheapo NMD bearings and seals from ebay for 21 bucks shipped

I;m going to take the carrier and swinger off and give it some R&R in the morning, put a zerk in and go from there... thinking of taking both seals out

I've had my bearings in with the zerk in the tube, inner seals removed and greased with waterproof grease now for 4-5yrs. on some ebay special bearings....set before that were installed straight up factory style and were junk in 1-2yrs.....funny I just started checking the web for mods and finding things I've come up with in the past and already done to my bike....great minds think alike, eh???:tup:

ok I wiil do it today but im going to pop the seals off and clean out the factory grease and repck with the marine grade I picked up at O'rielys that is water proof

Latest posts

Back