z400 carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
Is there only certain year z400 carbs that fit? are they a huge improvement over stock? and are they hard to fit onto bike?

I think all years should fit. You need to buy the carb boot for a raptor to get them to fit, costs around $25. I just bought a z400 carb and when I get it mounted I'll tell you how hard it was and how good it is. The only thing I'm worried about is the throttle cable, the linkage might need a different end to the cable.

Theoretically, it should be much better because CV carbs are generally better than flat slide carbs, and the warrior's flat slide is just a horribly inefficient design. If you want more info, ask jasonp or Griff, they know their stuff. :)

But just to let you know, I bought that carb because mine's been giving me problems with the accelerator pump, so it has horrid throttle response, so bad that I can't even wheelie in any gear. So I'm expecting a massive difference.

Theoretically, it should be much better because CV carbs are generally better than flat slide carbs, and the warrior's flat slide is just a horribly inefficient design. If you want more info, ask jasonp or Griff, they know their stuff. :)

But just to let you know, I bought that carb because mine's been giving me problems with the accelerator pump, so it has horrid throttle response, so bad that I can't even wheelie in any gear. So I'm expecting a massive difference.

YES! mine does the same effing thing, at first I didn't know what it was, I thought something was seriously wrong with it.

but now I know...

when I go to do a wheelie , starting low idle then I hammer it, it will gain speed very slowly or not even untill like a second later then it goes like it should....

more money.... :eek:

I bet mine's worse, no matter what the revs are it'll bog down. But just in case, you should take the airbox boot off and quickly pin the throttle. Doesn't matter if the motor's running or not, but not running would be better. You should see a squirt of gas go down the middle towards the motor, if you don't see it then you have the same problem as me.

When mine worked properly it was possible to wheelie, but not anymore. :(

Latest posts

Back