yz 426f shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
i just got a new one for christmas. i looked on here for the one i wanted because i didnt want a shifter that sat to high. well this one was the perfect answer for me. sits the same height, but moved forward about 1/2 an inch. but it works great. direct bolt on with no modifications. took 2 minutes to put it on (takes longer to take the factory one off). awesome for someone looking for one that sits about the same height. i can add pictures if anyone wants.

ok i got some picturs. let me know if you need more.

enginerebuild010.jpg

enginerebuild009.jpg

enginerebuild008.jpg

so this 426 shifter just bolted right up? no mods at all? just fit? thats friggin awesome, i hate the linkage shifters on these things.

yea it just bolts right now. all i did was remove the stock one, lined this one up with the splines to the height i think and wanted, slid it right on, and just tightened the bolt down. i love it, very simple mod. i learned of this mod off this sight from somone else (cant think of who it was but i was glad he told us about it).

heres a link to were you can get it from. its the exact part number as the one i received.

http://www.magicracing.com/Sunline-Alloy-Shifter--YZ400F-YZ426F-YZ450F-03-05_p_4956.html

hey thanks a lot man, this is an awesome mod lol, the only reason i dont have one yet is because i was waiting for someone to say what would fit it lol

yea no problem. if you get one i hope it works out as good as it did for me. i got it for christmas and went out and put it right now and i really like it. let us know what you end up doing. just hope this helped.

Just curious for the guys that have changed their shifter, what shoe/boot size are you wearing?

Can you post pics of the stock vs yz426 one? I'd like to see them side by side to see the length difference.

yea you got a point there, ridinfast03. i wear size 10 work boots, steeled toed. i never owned riding boots, but i have seen guys like shifters that sit higher because of the riding boots. im glad you brought this up. i do have some pictures of the stock shifter because i did research before i bought this one because i wanted one that sits about the same spot for me. and this one does for the most part, just a little front forward but for me it was perfect. its all on preference i guess but i love the way this one sits for me.

heres a stock one
fourwheelershifter005.jpg

another one. sorry for the blurry pictures.
fourwheelershifter003.jpg

same quad just with new shifter and a lot dirtier
enginerebuild008.jpg

shifter looks close to case but with the same height as a stocker, it doesnt get close, but i guess if you try to raise it up high, it might hit
enginerebuild009.jpg

Edit: i just found out they are taking the computer to get fixed so i will be without a computer for a while. if need anymore pics, or info on this i will try to get back as soon as possible. thanks guys.

I don't understand why the shifter height would be an issue for anybody. Why not just just pull it off and shift it 1 or 2 teeth higher on the splines if it's too low to get the boot under it comfortably?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet... if you have an oil cooler using the big bear oil filter cap adapter, the yz shifter won't work. Then you'll need a custom made one like mine:
b6fbabb251bc1db959717ebb90586fa4.jpg

and what the hell kind of foot peg mounting job is that, 91? I sure hope you never need to take them off...

thanks yamarider for pointing out about the oil cooler

haha i was waiting for someone to say that. well my brother bought this quad in '97 and from ramping it, the pegs would bend (we even broke springs on Works shocks). well he didnt have much money to fool with so we welded them angle iron pieces on. i guess in the pics you cant see it but it is actually bolted to the foot peg so they can be removed. its held up ever since. this quad has always been built on a budget (just look at my oil cooler mounting and hoses lol) but we try to put good parts on it.

Back