yfz450 caliper pisses me off!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
so I did the yfz450 caliper mod on the rear of my 02 and I installed the caliper today bled it and only 1 piston is pushing out
so I took it off and when I push the working piston in the other non working piston comes out and the same if I push the non working piston in the working one comes out they don't both go in and out at same time is the caliper shot or what?

Last edited:
I did get both in but when I push the foot pedal only 1 piston goes out the other one stays in it's not seized cause it can be moved in and out but it just doesn't work with the pedal

You sure you got all the air out of it? The bleeder screw is at the highest point, yes?

yes it is and I emptied the resevor twice(not completely empty) bleeding it to make sure all the air was out

fixed it!!! the caliper wasn't sitting straight on the rotor so bent the bracket a little till the caliper was straight with the rotor and viola!! works ******* great now

One of us must have a carrier bracket. That bracket is the one I pulled off of my bike. Mine may be tweaked. I think I have to tweak the bracket a little.

One of us must have a carrier bracket. That bracket is the one I pulled off of my bike. Mine may be tweaked. I think I have to tweak the bracket a little.

what bracket? off a warrior or off a 450? i have a good bracket off my carrier that the weld failed on, so its just the warrior bracket

Got to have a custom bracket made to fit the caliper. Weston makes them. They bolt to the existing two ears that come off of carrier.

So hauler whats the verdict on the rear caliper?

100% better than the stock single piston I barely start to push the pedal and it stops the rear tires instantly! and no more stuck dragging brake in the back
Can't wait to replace the fronts too! Great Upgrade!!

100% better than the stock single piston I barely start to push the pedal and it stops the rear tires instantly! and no more stuck dragging brake in the back
Can't wait to replace the fronts too! Great Upgrade!!

I'm waiting to see the 450 front caliper conversion.. :popcorn:
But I would also like to see a complete YFZ front spindle conversion, (Hubs and all).. I'm pretty sure thats what you would have to do to use the dual piston caliper, instead of using a bracket..

I'm waiting to see the 450 front caliper conversion.. :popcorn:
But I would also like to see a complete YFZ front spindle conversion, (Hubs and all).. I'm pretty sure thats what you would have to do to use the dual piston caliper, instead of using a bracket..

yfz450 calipers bolt right on the front the only thing that has to be done is you have to trim the rock guard to make room for the bigger calipers

yfz450 calipers bolt right on the front the only thing that has to be done is you have to trim the rock guard to make room for the bigger calipers

Oh...
I was under the impression that they had a different mount.
Well I'm still gonna try the YFZ front hubs. lol

Oh...
I was under the impression that they had a different mount.
Well I'm still gonna try the YFZ front hubs. lol

Why, they are the same, just trim the backing plate to fit the larger caliper.

Back