yfz shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbk125

Reaction score
y is it bad to have yfz shocks on a raptor 350?

the longer yfz shocks force the a-arms to travel longer than normal. They travel farther than the ball joints are designed to, and they can either wear out rapidly, or break completely with no warning. If they break (which happens commonly) you could get hurt pretty bad, and since the ball joints are part of the a-arms you will have to replace the entire a-arms when the joint wears out.

Nope not without modding the a arm or the frame. But depending on the balljoint type which i honestly dont know if this would make a diffrence or not they might work. But aftermarket a arms dont really change the travel of the ball joint or a arm. They just put added leverage on the shocks and make it wider honestly. The only thing that would change the travel and the balljoint position would be a set of LT arms (long travel) But if it was me spending all that money on a set of LT a-arms i wouldnt be running stock yfz shocks, id prolly be running elka elites made for the specific rate of travel the a-arms offer. your best bet if you dont have alot of money to throw around. If you already have the yfz shocks sell them. Buy a set of wicked a-arms from ebay, then call up works and have yourself a set of shocks built for you for the plus 2 or plus 3 arms.

why is it better if you will have to replace ball joints and bushings and possibly new a arms every week like we have too with rollers

I didn't say that the yfz shocks are better on the warrior. I said the point of getting upgraded (better) shocks is not looks.

why is it better if you will have to replace ball joints and bushings and possibly new a arms every week like we have too with rollers

Ball joints on the newer warriors are non-replaceable, yamaha's way of F**king you over if you wear one out. So if you do run the yfz shocks and ruin a balljoint, first off consider yourself lucky if you are not dead. Then find 150 bucks to replace each individual arm. Unless you buy used. I swear i type a reply similar to this 2 or 3 times a week.

One thing im wondering ....is how does everyone know that they will wear out the balljoints early....because when i tried bolting a set onto my raptor...they were not even close to fitting, the extra 1" length wasnt the problem, it was the overall diameter of the yfz shock. And if u pull the stock shock out and let the a arm drop, the ball joint is NOT fully locked neither top or bottom. Im not trying to start a " im smarter than you newbie" thread...just wondering how you know , thats all, becuase i asked this question myself a few months ago....and didnt get an answer that helped me.

When the suspension travels especially when jumping the a arms stop because of the balljoint, not the shock like on a stock warrior. Do what you want but this is just a word of caution.

Latest posts

Back