YFZ plastics on a warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish22

Reaction score
i was just looking at Oklahoma craigs and saw a new full set of Meir yfz450 plastics and was wondering if anyone had ever thought about doing it? I know there is a warrior yfz style custom plastic but its not the same thing at all.

Some one posted about this before. I cant remember who though. I would think it would be a little too long and narrow for the warrior. If its a good deal you could always buy and resell too make a quick buck!!

Look in the Product review under maier plastics.

I have been looking at this for a while. The yfz is 3 inches longer so either you are going to have to stretch the warrior or shorten the yfz plastic. I am planning on shorting the yfz plastic but am still working out the details.
Next the yfz seat mounts completely differently and will require some improvisation to make that work. The seat height and general plastic mounting height will depend on how the yfz gas tank will mount. On the yfz the top of the frame where the tank rides is almost parallel to the ground while the warrior has an angle. I don’t think the warrior tank will come close to working with the yfz. So that will be one of the first welding projects in fitting it all up. Once the seat and tank have been mounted the fenders should be fairly easy as some pretty basic brackets can be made to hold it all together

Back