Yfm 350 Knocking engine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthewthompson

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site and hoping to find people that can help me. My Yfm 350 engines knocking quick loudly does anyone know of any common problem what it could be, thinking it's about 1999 model but not sure on that on as well if anyone has an idea on how to tell? Thanks very much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 7
either your valves need adjusted or it is normal. this motor does make a decent amount of "ticking" even when it is right

Check the vin if you want to know the year. It looks older to me, probably a 90-91. Where is the "knocking" noise coming from on the engine? If it's in the head, then adjust your valves. Warriors are known for loud valve trains. If it's down low, then you may have some bigger issues...

then it something worse, its real hard to guess over the internet, more than likely crank or cam related. where is it coming from?

Check the vin if you want to know the year. It looks older to me, probably a 90-91. Where is the "knocking" noise coming from on the engine? If it's in the head, then adjust your valves. Warriors are known for loud valve trains. If it's down low, then you may have some bigger issues...

How do u tell by the vin I'm new to these, had it a while but not done much with it, Sounds more bottom end but not 100% think I'm just gonna go for engine rebuild to make sure all is right,

then it something worse, its real hard to guess over the internet, more than likely crank or cam related. where is it coming from?

Yes I know it's hard just wondering if there was a common problem or anything simple to check. Think bout just doing a full rebuild

the starter clutches are a common problem, but they only make noise when you are cranking the engine over

The tenth digit in the vin number is the year. Go to this website: http://www.atvstyle.com/atv-vin-number

If it sounds like bottom end, you're looking at rod/crank/crank bearing related issue. Your best bet is to split the cases and rebuild it if you don't know exactly what is causing the noise.

The tenth digit in the vin number is the year. Go to this website: http://www.atvstyle.com/atv-vin-number

If it sounds like bottom end, you're looking at rod/crank/crank bearing related issue. Your best bet is to split the cases and rebuild it if you don't know exactly what is causing the noise.

Thanks for that info will look tomorrow. Engine is out and ready to be split when I find time. Any good websites out there to get parts from?

Latest posts

Back