Yet Another old newbie

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95Wolverine

Reaction score
Well... I've been here, there, and almost everywhere in between. Best thing is, my '95 Wolverine is the ride that's taken me.

From the constant whoops and sand trails in northern Michigan to the winding trails of Mark Twain Nation Forest, to the rock drops, walls, and boulder fields of Colorado, my Wolverine has served me proud.

No, it's not stock. It's anything but. When I first picked her up - she was already aged. She was bought new by her previous owner but never set foot on the trail before being modified by the man himself - Mickey Dunlap. In fact, Mickey was the one that picked her up from the dealership and took her to his shop for a workover. Bored & Stroked to a 435 with an 11:1 comp. ratio pistion. Works shocks all the way around. And Maxxis All-Traks on OMF Reinforced Bead Rims as her new slippers. This was done directly after the dirtwheels article was written about Mike Pendland winning everything under the sun on his newly built Wolverine by Four Stroke Tech. The original owner of my machine read the article, called Mickey and asked him to build one identical to Mike's racer. Hefty price tag - but he said it was worth it. I'd have to agree.

Well, I became the proud owner of her on Dec. 21, 2002. I must say, for an older machine, it still screamed down the trail and did all it was meant to do - a trail carving machine in the woods. But, like all new owners, I had to make some changes to make it mine. First was to remove the ungodly tacky faded green plastic. I hated to see the FST stickers go, but the OEM Blue fenders off of an '03 Wolverine with all OEM Graphics to match just called my name. Then came removing the 50lb winch that hung out off the front bumper like a sore thumb. I never even rode it under my own ownership with that anchor attached. Enough about the winch, I'll get back to it at a later date. The next item on the list was a new Trail Tech Computer so I could keep track of speeds, service, and the like.

Moving to this machine from a '90 Warrior was a pretty natural move. I had never imagined myself as a 4wd kinda fella, but my riding buddies got me hooked on riding the rocks of Colorado and having to ride like he!! just to keep moving forward grew tiresome pretty fast. Thus, I needed something that could still move quick, be stable on an uphill climb, and fly through the air much like I was used to on my other Yamaha. This fit the bill nicely.

Now that I've moved to 4wd land, I'll never go back. Although, I did install a Warn 4-2-4 and ever so often re-live my 2wd fun days.

Ok.. enough rambling. I'll cut to the chase. Yes, my wolverine was built by Mickey, but since his time of turning wrenches on my bike, I've turned all to many by myself. I've torn her down, and built her back up - a couple of times - much detail there so we'll save that for a later date as well. But rest assured, the only part of my machine I've not looked at after tearing it apart is the front differential and inside the front CV shafts - although I have had them off the quad. Thus, I do consider myself almost an expert at anything you might have a question or two on. This includes doing the 4th and 5th gear swap - which not too many people have done. One mod I haven't done is the FST manual clutch - though it does intrique me from time to time. That being said, let the questions begin.

I've had a few converstains via E-mail with the owner of this site - and I'm sorry to say that as life gets hectic, things have to get put aside with hopes of getting back to the things you enjoy most - which is why it's taken me so long to become a member - that time for me is now. I'm hoping to become a valued member of such an awesome community of Woverine Brothern (and sisters, lol).

I'll post this list once - hopefully it'll pull out of MS Word ok. And before anyone says it, I know this thread is worthless without pictures. Since the quad has to be unloaded from the truck tomorrow morning, I'll snap a few for you and post them later. Back to the hardware:

FST 446cc Stroker Rod & Crank
FST (Wiesco) Custom 10.5:1 Piston & Nik-a-Sil lined cylinder
FST Ported & Polished Head
FST Cam, Valves, & Valve Springs
FST Airbox-to-Carb Intake Tube
FST Top End Gearbox Setup
FST Secondary Clutch Springs

Modified Primary Clutch Weights
Custom Airbox Cover Opening
Carb Bezel Mounted Dial-a-Jet W/Filtered Snorkel
Custom Carb Pilot Circuit Jet
K&N Factory style air filter W/Moose Filter Skin
Custom FMF "Q" Series Exhaust
PermaCool Secondary Oil Cooler W/Custom mounting

Maxxis All-Trak Tires
OMF Aluminum Rims w/ reinf. rings
PRM Chassis and A-Arm skid plates
Graydon Proline Final drive skid plate
Aluminum Mesh Oil Cooler Grill
Works Shocks
Perfex 1-1/2" Lift Kit
Braking Cross Drilled Rear Rotor
Custom Parking Brake Cabling
Warn 424

Custom Dash Pod W/Split Second O2 Sensor and Meter
Trail Tech Speedometer

Custom Dubach Racing Reverse Tumb Lever

Warn 2.5ci Winch W/
10' Corded Remote
Custom mounted
Synthetic Winch Rope

Yamaha Blue '03 Fenders
Yamaha '03 Handlebars
Yamaha 12VDC Outlet
Yamaha Blue Shock Covers
Yamaha Factory Hitch
Yamaha Factory Front & Rear Racks
Meijer Blue Hand Guards

Warn 48" Plow
IPI Pro Series Rear Bag
Kolpin Flat Fuel PackW/mounts (can be mounted front or rear)
Custom GPS Mount
Holeshot ATR Tires (new)
Custom ITP Type 47 Rims (new)
Yamaha '95 Green Fenders W/Moose Fender Flares (kept as spares)

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you joined up over here! You're a subject matter expert for sure! 8)

Wow, you have without a doubt the longest list of parts installed on a Wolverine that I have ever seen. Amazing 8). If you want you could send me the pictures of your Wolverine, I'll be more than happy to add it to the Showroom.

Latest posts

Back