x ring or o ring chain??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it would work fine. I'm running it because I have the stock size tires in the rear, and ride tight trails where the lower gears are needed, and where I lugg a grear high a lot. If I had 20's I'd go 14/40. Not that my bike can't handle that gearing with the 22's (you've seen my mod list in my sig), but it feels really good to me with the 13/38 and 22's. I figure it is close to 14/40 with 20's.
Oh crap..
We've all been bullshit'n about gears, and nobody even asked 1statv what size tires he's running.. lmao

Well its my fault i should have told lol Stock 22x11

Well its my fault i should have told lol Stock 22x11
I would go with Pats suggestion. The 13/38's with the 22" tire, I think you'll like that set up.
If you ever go to a 20" tire you can swap out the 13 for a 14, and would still have about the same performance..

And that set up would increase low and top end proformance??

I find it to be pretty well rounded. Like I said, 13/38 with 22's is probably really close to 14/40 with 20's. Mine is probably a hair too low considering all the mods I've done, but it is perfect for the trails, imo. You'll notice a HUGE difference over the 12/40 you did have.

This chain is a pain to connect Andy advice on compressing the link to get the lock on it??

I usually use a pair of thin, 45* angle pliers to compress the o rings, and get the link to snap on the posts. Then the clip just slips on.

4FEA08C3-DDA8-484C-95BF-025CCA05B83B-3621-000001EF916166C2_zps848e4ea1.jpg

Can't get it to close

I got it.. I had to Macgyver my to big c clamps and used some small socket in between the link and clamp down it worked perfect. Thanks all

P.s check out the pic section my warrior is done ready for the trails Monday finally

Also the new gear set-up (will factory set-up ) is waayyyy better the what I had 12t 40t set-up with 22 tires sucks IMO I was always trying to do donuts in the grass or have the rear end break lose around a corner and never had success . The 13t 40t in 2nd gear is a monster can't wait to do the 13/38

Back