x box 360 problem =/

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
I just bought a 360 last weekend and ended up buying the "core system" and didnt know that I couldnt play original x box games on it without a hard drive or I would have just bought the more expensive package. Well anyways, I bought a hard drive off ebay that evening said "like new, excellent condition" well got it and cant get it to work at all. Cant play halo 2 "original x box game" or make a "gamer profile" nothing. Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I tried taking it out and plugging it back in about 50 times and to no avail. The hard drive looks like new and I sent the guy an email and he said he promised that he tested it and it worked fine. Not sure what to do next besides go to wal mart and spend 90 bucks on a new hard drive =/ then if it works I'm gona put the junk hard drive in the box that the new one came in and take it back =) But have any of you guys had any problems like this? thanks

I'm not saying you Should do this. But, What is another option is Buy a new one, bring it home, and swap the hard drives, and bring the eBay one back (in the new box) with your receipt, and say your brother bought you one for your b-day. So then the one you bought from them is a spare. Get your store credit and get a few games, or get your cash back.

(Mind you I'm not saying you Should do this, but you Can.)
~Bill

Not sure what to do next besides go to wal mart and spend 90 bucks on a new hard drive =/ then if it works I'm gona put the junk hard drive in the box that the new one came in and take it back =) But have any of you guys had any problems like this? thanks
he already said that

Back