worse gas mileage?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
i told my uncle im getting a web cam and he said i would get worse gas mileage. is this true? if so how much worse would it be?

I've noticed a decrease in fuel mileage with my mods (piston, pipe, cam, etc), but it only makes sense, your opening up the engine more allowing it to breath better u know? Honestly though the difference is minimal.

But man, if your worried about gas mileage your in the wrong sport.

Well yeah, as a rule of thumb if you have to rejet for a mod it's going to use more gas. We're talking about maybe a 5-10% loss in fuel mileage though, it probably won't be noticable unless you're obsessive compulsive or something and log your fuel usage and mileage.

With my mods i know i'm using more gas than i did when it was stock, but i can still trail ride with some hard riding mixed in and go all day on the same tank. But riding all-out for extended periods really eats up the gas, at the track I empty a tank in less than 2 hours. With all the other costs involved in this sport, fuel mileage should be the least of your concerns.

I never really noticed it, i do use more but its not like i check it, when my dad runs out on his dirtbike im just about on reserve so it works out well.

Everything else i ride with has a smaller fuel tank except for the utes, like a 300ex and etc, ill still be riding when they arent so i never worry.

im not really worried i was just wondering and no i dont check my gas mileage, i just fill it up when its empty and go on with it.

Back