Wont start plz help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96warrior

Reaction score
ok my warrior wont start i was riding in the middle of the woods and it just died well it took a minute for it to start back up like it was too hot. so i started riding again and it quit while i was riding and now it wont start. ill have everything on and i will push the start button and the starter is turning but im gettin no spark so i took it to the garage put a new spark plug in it still didn't work. so then i took the plug wire and put the spark plug n it and then i put it against the head and tryed to start it to see if it would spark and there was no spark. so help plz.

Check ya battery... or i dont think that iwll make it shut off... check your fuel and oil and crap like that...

Low on fuel??? Turn it on RESERVE and try it or add more fuel if you are low..

Last line reads:

...so then i took the plug wire and put the spark plug n it and then i put it against the head and tryed to start it to see if it would spark and there was no spark. so help plz.

yea id say check the ground, and check all the wiring make sure somthing nothing was coming loose and then fell off later thus having no spark...

I had plenty over half tank... Im gonna check the wires probably tomarrow and i have checked the fuse that has already happened to me once...

i'm so embarrassed to say this, but this happened to my dad twice. make sure you didnt bump your kill switch. each time the kill switch looked like it was in the "run" position and each time he spent hours trying to figure out why he wasnt getting any spark. easy fix but extremely frustrating. the third time he was having problems with their recon, he swapped out the plug and everything was good to go. might not be your problem at all, but it is something for everyone to think about when you arent getting spark. would have saved us many hours of frustration.

I checked my kill switch i made shure it was over. I also held it over to make shure it was in place thnx for4 the advice anyways

Sounds like you are on the right track. This time take the spark plug wire without the plug in it and put a nail in it then hold it against the head leaving about a 1/4" gap to see if you are getting a spark jump there. If you are then your plug is bad since you were not getting a spark with that. If you do not get a spark you have an ignition or ground problem.

Might open your kill switch and clean the contacts, doubt this is it though since the starter will not engage if the switch is in the kill position. (At least on my rappy, not sure if it does this on the Warrior.

Also kind of sounds like your stator may be going bad.
Jump in others, will a bad stator cause a no spark situation since the engine is not putting out any voltage?

Ive tried two new different spark plugs. so i know that the plug isn't bad. I juss got my fourwheeler back together about two months ago. I just had my engine built and evrything else to it then when i got it all together n went to start it my stator was messed up so we bought a brand new one from ricky stator. so i dont think the stator is goin bad. but i have to chack the ground wires.

Back