Won't go in reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbod

Reaction score
I got my quad almost back together and was checkin over everything and the damn thing won't go into reverse. It hasn't been riden yet, but has gone through gears. Anyone ever run into this problem? I'm not really worried about it. I would imagine that once I get it moving around it'll work.

Have you taken the stock clutch perch off, or unplugged the sensor?

There are 2 sensors on the stock perch. The top one closest to you is for the e-brake the other one is the reverse.

Well it doesnt sound like you could have effected it in any way.
So if it worked before it should work again. Once ya move it I would bet its going to be fine.
Reverse is always a little tricky on the warriors.

I know you probably have tried this but did you adjust the cable, so there is no tension on it what so ever, and then go from there until you were at your previous setting? (count the turns that it takes to get it to 0 tension on the cable so you know where you were at) It may be somewhat engaged, or just barely engageing at full pull.

Not sure if this will help but it's the only thing that I can think of that hasn't been said already.
~Bill

Thanks for the advice guys. Nothing that has to do with the reverse has been touched. It worked just fine before. There is no tension on the cable. I can see it trying to move the lever on the case, just kinda gets stuck and I don't want to force it.

That could be. I'm gunna wait till i get it out and moving to mess with it. Might not be a problem or might be one that will work itself out. I'm not in a panic about it or anything.

I really dont think its problem (if it worked before)
Reverse sucks when its running. So off and sitten there may never let the gear catch .

Back