wondering what shorty levers will fit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
i am wondering what shorty levers will fit on the warrior. original levers are actually a little long with the handgaurds on, and i need new levers anyways. thanks guys

MSR and ASV mark great shorty levers. MSR is universal. the asv has more choices in types and color combos. dont think the MSRs come in any other color besides brushed, could save a few bucks by buying a new shorty for the clutch and buying a used brake lever. if you use a vise and a box wrench, you can bend the end little by little and then use a saw zaw to hack the length off you dont want.

Here's an MSR clutch shorty setup. Went with a motion pro cable as well, it's a little longer than stock. The stock cable had barely enough play left in it which I wasn't too comfortable with. Plan on going with some taller bars as well so the extra cable length will be handy ;)

Why want shorty levers? Woulden't yall want the extra leverage from the longer ones?

I actually have a regular length lever with the MSR perch. Going to see if I like the short one may switch back?

i have the msr ez adjust or whatever, it has stock length lever, am i able to get the shorty lever for it without replacing perch?

oh and deadlast, you would only need the extra leverage really if u had stock clutch setup, raptor or like ur hydraulic wouldnt require it and u only gotta use 2 fingers so u keep better contol holding onto bars with rest of them as well

missouritrailrider, The MSR should accept the shorty lever it's basically the same bolt up configuration. I have the standard length MSR grip levers and they are the same as the shorty mounting holes / cable slot.

99warriornj said:
use a saw zaw to hack the length off you dont want.

Don't forget though that the ball/flare on the end of the lever is there for safety reasons. It makes it less likely too pierce/puncture flesh in the event of an accident.

deadlastracing said:
Why want shorty levers? Woulden't yall want the extra leverage from the longer ones?

even without a clutch mod, the pull isnt harder. it actually feels easier, atleast i thought so.... as long as the cable isnt wanged out and worn, its good to go

I had a shorty on mine and it actually seemed like it made it easier to pull. It might not have but it seemed like it.

hatfield44 said:
99warriornj said:
use a saw zaw to hack the length off you dont want.

Don't forget though that the ball/flare on the end of the lever is there for safety reasons. It makes it less likely too pierce/puncture flesh in the event of an accident.

thats why after i have bent and cut the lever where i wanted it, i put it to a grind wheel to smooth and round off any remotely sharp edges

I wasnt sure about the shorty lever at first but I like it now.
Raptor496.jpg

Maybe a tad harder then factory but I think its still easier to shift faster with it though. I use the middle spot out of the 3.

Back