wolverine with warrior carb..tuning help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caleb

Reaction score
im fixing up my girls wolverine decided to put a warrior carb on it instead of buying a used wolvy carb.did a complete rebuild of the carb,every thing is new and clean.the only new part i added to the quad was a dg full system(already had k&n filter) so i bumped the main jet from 145 stock to 155.fired it up turned the idle up to about 2500-3500rpm so i could dial the air idlecontrol got that dialed in and went for a ride.runs good up till half throttle once you punch it it trys to pull but then falls on its face and starts breaking up poping ect untill i let off.it also bogs if you punch it from an idle,almost to the point where it will kill its self.i know its in the carb because it didnt act likethis with the origional carb.was wondering what to check for to solvethisissue,i dontthink a 155 would be that lean to make it run like this.im going to pull the plug later and see what it looks like,drop the needle one clip (its in the second one down from the top now) and adjust the float.almost sounds likeits starving forgas..any input would be great thanks

Back