Wolverine modifications

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandec

Reaction score
Wow, 2 weeks ago I thought my ideal quad didn't exist. New wolverines were close but didn't seem quite there. Then I discover the 95-05 wolverines exist and even have their own forum! Anyway I'm in the market for one and about to buy one. I've been reading all the basic mods, of a 424 kit, exhaust ect. I do have a few questions:

How much weight would a good alloy wheel and all terrain tire save/loose me?

How much weight does taking off the rear rack save?

I used to drive a honda rancher and grew to love the electric shift. Searching old forums I found they used to sell an electric shift kit for quads. This company stopped making them however. Does anyone still make them?

Thank you.

Take a look in the showroom and take a gander at all the mods I've done to mine. Actually, there is a link to it in my signature.

Since the purchase of my Outlander, my Wolverine, unfortunately, has to go this spring. So - I've got to determine my bottom line and I'd rather not waste funding (both the buyer's and mine) with an e-bay listing/paypal sale.

There will be a few goodies that may not go with it - Namely, the wheels / tires shown on it are no longer with it - it has the OMF reinforced wheels and Maxxis All Trax on it.

Just some food for thought.

P.S. I don't know where you are located, but I'm now in Salem, CT. I'd be willing to drive a fair distance to move this machine to a new Wolverine Loving Home.

Wow. You might say you modified that a little bit. I'm curious why you want an outlander over what you have? Seems like the wolverine will do so much more and at a 150 lbs+ lighter. I am in fact close to salem. Of course that is Salem Oregon. Probably a little too far of a drive. Otherwise I'd consider it. I've found a few good ones in my area.

lol. Salem, Oregon eh? I could maybe meet you half way as I do work in Kansas on a regular basis. Damn.

Outlander vs. Wolverine 446.... hmmm

When the outlander came out, it caught my eye due to being a ute with nice lines. It was fuel injected and was (still is) the only quad that is direct injection (the others use throttle body injection). Bombardier tried something new with the Spar technology (frame style) and the TTI rear suspension. It was a twin cylinder and 800 cc's. Needless to say, it had my attention, but I wasn't about to drop 9 bones on it. I told myself if they made a 650 twin, I'd take a more serious look at it.

Well, late last year, I just happened to run across a used on on Craigslist - an '07 with 190 miles on it. I picked it up for $5500 cash. I couldn't pass it up.

I told myself even if I didn't like it, I could move it on e-bay for a profit. Well, for the riding I've been doing, it's a nice ride. I needs some suspension upgradess, but otherwise, it's nice. The fuel injection will definately shine in the mountains of Colorado - I'm eager to test it out there this Labor Day.

Back