wolverine 450 bogs out when wet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxpnwo

Reaction score
First thing I'd like to say hi to everyone here, and say thanks in advance for any help I may receive. I have a 06 wolverine 450. Recently it has been giving me some trouble. When it gets wet it will typically bog out at have throttle or won't run at all. I drained the bowl on the carb and the gas was fine. I'm thinking it may be electrical, possibly the spark plug wire is arching. I was just wondering how I could narrow it down or if anyone has been in a similar situation.

What do you mean by "wet"? If water splashes into your CVT breather, it could cause the belt to slip.

My 06 hade the same problem and i did two things not sure wich one fixed it i put die-electric grease on the spark plug and in the boot.The area i was also told that could be the problem was the start switch on the brake lever on the handle bar took it apart and put die-electric all around and in it works good now hope this helps

I believe the dielectric grease on the plug my have fixed your problem. I did the same thing then washed it pretty good and started up with out a problem. As for the belt it definitely not that because it runs fine when its not wet and there has never been any water in the tranny. Thanks for the help.

Back