winch switch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolvyRider

Reaction score
has anyone made their own setup? i have a 2000lb warn old style winch with the large grey butteyfly style switch w/o a contactor. it always get cloged up dirt and likes to stick. i was thinking about just getting a heavy duty switch and make some kind of mount other than on the handlebars. the warn hd switch that mounts on the handle bar looks kind of big and bulky dont know if i would like the bar mount. anyone else have the handle bar mount, if so how do u like it?

The problem with making your own is that the winch (when asked to do so, can / will draw in the neighborhood of 60 amps - a bit less if you are still using the A2000 wiring (all black wires to the winch and battery). The replacement switch from Warn is bulky and ugly because it can actually pass the current.

The newer style winches (2500 and up) use a contactor block (which is controlled via micro switch) to pass the current. The control swith only passes a few amps and thus has much smaller wiring which in turn leads to a much smaller switch. I bought an update kit for my A2000 which in turn got me the smaller switch, new wiring and the contactor block - this updates the A2000 to be a 2500lb winch. But be prepared - the kit isn't cheap - $150 rings a bell. If you need the part number, pm me and I'll go dig it up.

Stumbled upon this one while looking for something else
Clicky Clicky

Back