Winch mount

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saweetlou

Reaction score
For those of you that have mounted their winches behind the front push bar could you please tell me how and maybe post some pics of how its mounted. I measured the winch mounting holes and they are 6in apart, the frame bars are 7.5in apart, so even if i put a plate there the winch studs will hit the frame, maybe I should smoke something to expand my mind cause I just cant see how else to do it. Please Help.

Off topic but........Lou did you see my post in the wanted section of the forums here ?

On topic now. I have a winch already i bought at the farm and home store. I am looking at on of these mounting plates. I dont know if this is what your looking for or not, here a link.

Note the seller has sold 15 of these mounts alrady, So people have been using them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATV-...642916QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hey Jared Thanks on both accounts.
I just saw the axle, fortunately I did find one locally for 50 bucks, your right thats a good price. The winch mount is great too, Im looking at the pic and Im not so sure that its the right one, or maybe it is, does anyone have some pics.

I bought a flat steel plate from home depo. Took some U bolts put around the frame,marked the holes,drilled em out attached the plate after marking and drilling holes for the winch. put on winch. Havnt had any probs with the plate moving or the frame bending.let me know if you guys want me to post pix. Cost me about $12 dollars for the steel plate and heavy duty U bolts.

Yes Please post pics. You know I went on a ride last weekend without my winch attached (used to have the front tray mount) and WOW what a difference, I was pulling wheelies over every little bump and going through some thick mud with stock tires which I normally would of been berried. I may never put my winch back on again.

Hope this helps.I mounted mine facing up and down.Fit perfect. My winch is a elcheapo but works well and has not failed yet.Need to fabricate a fairlead for it.

Attachments

• 0618001734.jpg
    0618001734.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 0618001733b.jpg
    0618001733b.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 0618001733.jpg
    0618001733.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 0615001740.jpg
    0615001740.jpg