Winch mount behind the Front Guard

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DallmannTodd

Reaction score
I had a 1998 Wolverine 350 which had a winch mounted on a tray in front of the fron guard, which not only looked awful, but also reduced my approach angle. I wanted to mount it behind the guard, and found a tray which would work, but my oil cooler appears to be in the way. Now I have a 2001 that I am customizing, and want to do it right. Can anyone who has accomplished this please tell me the best way to get the oil cooler out of the way, but still be mounted in a secure manner which provides adequate cooling? Thanks.

Hi DallmannTodd,

I don't have a winch on my Wolverine but back in 2005, a guy by the name of Jonathan (nickname Yoyo) has submitted his Wolverine. This guy has the setup you would like to install on your Wolverine: winch behind the bumper and relocated oil cooler. The setup of Jonathan is a Warn 2500ci winch with Superwinch mount. If I'm not mistaken the kit comes with the bracket to relocate the oil cooler.

Here is a link to Jonathan's Wolverine: http://www.woodwarrior.com/showroom/wolv_06.htm

Hope it helps.

hey Todd :) My warn winch mount mounts right up behind the front bars right under the oil cooler,here are a few pics
quad111.jpg

quad222.jpg

quad333.jpg

quad444.jpg

My winch is behind the front bumper, and I had to relocate my oil cooler, but if I remember correctly, Todd did not have to with the Warn mount kit.

I had to move mine because it is a "custom" mount that I modified from the previous owners installation.

I just put a Super Winch on mine. I don't have any pics of it yet, but the Superwinch mount has a bracket that you use to relocate the cooler. Very easy to do and tucks it up behind the winch and out of the way.

How much does it cost to do this? and any links to where i may be able to purches this from? id really like to do it cuase im sick of the ugly lookin front bumper sticking out and im sick of it catching when we cross through ditchs ..

Latest posts

Back