Who would you compare hendrix to?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you talkin Jimi?

Do you know of Any other Hendrix? :p ;D

But in what regards are you looking for a comparison? Sheer guitar skill? Similiar Style of music? The ability to function while simultaniously consuming copious amounts of drugs?
~Bill

Don't mean to be a dick, but in Troy's defense, there are some products out there with the "Hendrix" name. Some things I quickly searched are heating, A/C, and some construction equipment. But, I am thinking he would like some Jimi Hendrix people though.

If your looking for similar guitar solo's, try Van Halen. Here is about a 10 minute vid of just guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUYIkq975Y
Depends on what you are looking for, like intarnished said. Just guitar, rock, death metal, punk, etc... ??

It's hard to compare Jimi to anyone because he was so original in his time. Stevie Ray Vaughn is probably is a good comparison (and probably my favorite). Similar style. But Jimi was absolutely SRV's main influence. Jimmy Paige is kinda similar in that he would do some weird s**t with his guitar too. If your talking about innovators then I'd say Eddie Van Halen. He influenced a ton of people too.

Probably some old blues dudes. But most of it probably came from inside his own head. Like I said, he was pretty much unlike anyone around when he first came out.

Latest posts

Back