What else can I do for more power?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine350rider

Reaction score
Currently for performance mods, i have-

HMF Slip-on
Uni- airfilter
Dyno-Jet kit (155 main)
Warn 424 (not really power, but it helps)

Well, thats pretty much it for power. I have seen hotcams, high compression pistons, big bore kits, ect. And i was wondering, what else have you guys/gals done to your wolverines?

I want to keep it as reliable as possible.

I have also heard that a hotcams kit doesnt really help much because of the older 2 valve design found on the wolverine.

Thanks,
John

I just bored my wolverine and replaced the stock piston with the Wiseco .040 over. Should be as reliable as stock with the forged piston and, the increase in bore and compression ratio really gave back the bottom end power I lost with the 25" tires I put on. Mine has only been installed for a few weeks and im still seeing a little puff of smoke till she warms up but I havnt fully broke it in yet either.

A K&N air filter wouldnt hurt. I didnt see that listed. Not sure if theres one for an 05 but I would look into a CDI box. Im wanting for bikeman performance to release theres in the next couple of months for the 06'. I would also add an EPI clutch kit. Mine helped out alot with the 27"s Im running. The clutch is more so for low end and takes a few MPH off the top.

I think you're pretty good with what you have now. Doing any more modifications will require going into the engine.

I hear, off in the far distance, a slight chant, almost musical, yet ever so soft.....

Four Fourty Six, Four Fourty Six, Four Fourty Six

Wiseco, Hotcams, portwork, pipe...noisey but powerful

Wiseco 10.25:1 piston (next oversize...overboring a waste of time and money), Hotcams stage I (with new rockers and bearings), lots of grinding on the head (blending, NOT opening), a pipe (I would go tunable-disc type if I did it again), and a warrior carb w/stage I jetting. With the 23's on it, felt like a whole different bike! Top speed AND bottom end DEFINATELY increased (bottom more than top). Haven't tried it with my new 25's yet, but expectations are high. Is it an FST kit? Nope...if you want MAXIMUM EARTH SHATTERING POWER, I hear FST is IT! But this bike will benefit from all types of simple, low(er)-buck type stuff too.

I am currently finishing the rebuild process on mine. I choose Wiseco 10.25.1 piston .60 over, hotcams kit, and a new clutch. I'm hoping that she'll run nicely. I also rebuilt the HMF pipe(new stuffing) and have the carb jetted with 155 mains.(Dynojet kit)

Are you sure that's a 0.060" over? I ask as that's more than any spec I've ever seen - meaning, with that much missing from the cylinder wall, I hope you are inserting an oversized sleeve into a bored our cylinder shell.

I've just never seen one for 0.060 over.

95Wolverine said:
Are you sure that's a 0.060" over? I ask as that's more than any spec I've ever seen - meaning, with that much missing from the cylinder wall, I hope you are inserting an oversized sleeve into a bored our cylinder shell.

I've just never seen one for 0.060 over.

I'm pretty sure that was what the machine shop said. I know the final thing is supposed to be 84.00 mm I think.

Back