Well I broke down and ordered the 488 kit last night.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctateusa1

Reaction score
I broke down and ordered the 488 kit and camshaft from FST last night.
I think the bill was about $698. Today I will go to Yamaha and buy the gaskets I will need and set up an appointment to have the machine work done. Ill let everyone know what I end up spending on it and how the Performance gain is.

FST told me that he wouldnt spend the extra 350 and wait about 6 weeks of down time to get the crank done for the extra 12cc's it would give me.

Well at the moment there is nothing on the net. This is one of the 2 first postings about the kit. It has only been available for about 2 months now. I dont know much more than what mickey dunlap has told me.
If you want to find out more about it check out
www.fourstroketech.net
There is nothing on the website but you can get the phone number to call and talk to mickey.

Well my 488 kit arrived today, so I gotta make a trip to Yamaha today to see if they want to tackle the resleeving and the macine work on the bottom end.

Well I have the wolvy broke down in about 150 pieces now and will be dropping it off in about 30 minutes to get the machine work done on it.

Sweet... take lots of pics for all the other Wolvy owners who you will be hated by! lol

EBAYPICS003.jpg

EBAYPICS002.jpg

EBAYPICS004.jpg

Here is some pics of the wolverine in its current state of gory ;)
not glory :D

I found out that probably on Thursday morning they will be ready for the cases to start being machined. So that morning I will push the wolvy back into my truck(gonna be a pain in the @$$) by myself and drop it off. Then they think that it will be ready to go on Friday. So hopefully on saturday I will be breaking it in.

Ok well I got the wolvy out of the shop yesterday, I will take some pics tonight as I start reassembly. I spent 550.00 on machine shop work.

Sleeve replacement and rebore
case modification(you have to clearance the cases for the sleeve to fit inside. the sleeve to fit inside the case and around an oil port)
Port and polish the head, replace the camshaft and valve springs(this is what all the shop did for my wolvy which I dropped off already disassembled)

So IF you are planning on doing the 488 kit to yours take these figures into your head
711.00 for the kit(including the 80.00 core for the cam)
50-60.00 for fluids and filter
550.00 for labor if you disassemble and reassemble yourself(higher if you pay for this service to be done by a shop)

WHAT IS YOUR TOP SPEED NOW.....IM LOOKING FOR MORE SPEED....I WANT TO START RACING IN THE LOCAL HARESCRAMBLES.....WHAT IS THE BEST THING FOR SPEED ON THE 06 UP

fireman69 said:
WHAT IS YOUR TOP SPEED NOW.....IM LOOKING FOR MORE SPEED....I WANT TO START RACING IN THE LOCAL HARESCRAMBLES.....WHAT IS THE BEST THING FOR SPEED ON THE 06 UP

that kit will not help with top speed.....your best bet would be have the clutch machined and the gearing if i am not misstaken....wolverine is not built to race if you ask me... :D

Actually the wolverine would be a great racer(for the 450-500cc 4x4 woods races)

The 488 does not give you any top speed,but the power for a holeshot is definetly there. I will be doing the hauck clutch mod to mine for higher top speed soon.

ctateusa1 said:
Actually the wolverine would be a great racer(for the 450-500cc 4x4 woods races)

The 488 does not give you any top speed,but the power for a holeshot is definetly there. I will be doing the hauck clutch mod to mine for higher top speed soon.

Cool i did not know there was such a class.....i am curious on the long travel kit by hebco....does that make the bike wider and taller? anyone know much about it? or have good pictures....looks easy enough to make if someome had the specs on it...

Latest posts

Back