Warrior advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DipStick45

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying a 98 warrior for around $500 for my first quad. The listing states “Everything works as it should, except that gears 2nd up are stuck. Can ride In first gear or reverse. Needs new clutch plates. Bike starts right up.” If it’s just the clutch plates me and a few of my buddies would probably be able to fix it up, but could this be a more serious issue? Don’t really want to be tearing apart the trans. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It could be serious, more than likely its something stupid though. For what it's worth at a 500$ starting point even if it's serious it'll wind up under budget. Replace the clutch, if it still isn't right...without looking, and it being a cheap upgrade anyway, I'd start with the shift lever. The stock one has a linkage that gets play in it and causes all kinds of dumbfuckery. You can replace the whole shebang with a shifter from a y250 or some of the vendors here make custom direct shifters that go right on.
Tldr: buy it

Back