Warn RT25

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000wolvy

Reaction score
Hello,
I just ordered one of the new Warn RT25 winches and a CMP mounting plate. Im just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the new warn winches.

Nope, havent tried the new warns. Got a Warn 2.5 on the Grizzly 660, and the cable snapped while plowing the other day.

I have a Venom "Hardcore series" 2000# winch on my wolverine. Its cheap, but its been alright so far. The switch stopped working one day, and we took it apart and found metal shavings in there. Cleaned it out, and its been flawless for the past couple months.

Ive heard good things about the Venom winches. I might have to try one out on my old beater honda 300.

By the way, Where are you guys mounting the silinoid block for the winch? Anyone have any pics?

Yeah, the venom is a great buy and it even comes with the perfect mounting plate when you buy it off of ebay- thats what I did and it was really cheap! I mounted my soleniod underneath the seat in front of the battery. There is a perfect little hole for it and I just put some duct tape over it to keep the mud out. A lot of people I know put thiers in the rear cargo box...but i have found that that is not a great place for it when riding in water and mud. Hope that helps.

I will have to see if I can mount mine in that location, Looks like it would be dry and easy to keep a check on the connections! I really hate to loose use of my cargo box but I guess with the winch I really wont need the 50` tow strap I keep in there. :)

Back