TRUCK HELP!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
I have an 89 ford f-250 with 30,000 miles yes thats right. Well anyway its been running fine for me until i got in it and turn the key over and it went all the way over with no resistance. Teh radio and the lights on the dash come on but it wont start. So i put a screwdriver across the solenoid and it fired right up. I got a new solenoid and it still does the same thing.

I know some of you guys know a thing or two about automobiles so maybe yall can help me out.

Maybe get a new ignition switch for your starter (the key assembly in your car). I had a similar problem with my Mustang, and that seemed to rectify the problem. Just my 2 cents.

I know the problem.

Its the transmission sensor most likely.

The one that tells the truck whether or not its in park etc...

Try starting it in neutral, however if one of the little pins is broke it wont start no matter what gear it in.

If thats not the problem it would be something in the ignition.

sounds to me alot like the igniton in the car like said do youknow if it throw a code or not if it does get it tested and is it a diesel or gas either way id get a new ignition before going into the tranny that gets expensive depending on what has to all be done

you dont have to go into the tranny.... its like a 60 dollar part that you can change without even moving the tranny.

Latest posts

Back