Trevorton PA riders

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok good info there. thanks. i was definitly looking at the other place

Watched a bunch of videos of guys riding at Treverton. Looks like a blast!! Too bad I'm so far away. Love the hill climbs

Watched a bunch of videos of guys riding at Treverton. Looks like a blast!! Too bad I'm so far away. Love the hill climbs

theres two places id like to visit that are too far away. A place in New Hamphire & that place that does the poker run in the Carolinas. oh man id love to take go to either... and ive been reading in Dirt Wheels mag about the atv jamborees they have out west. holy **** it looks like heaven!

I believe you are talking about Carolina Adventure World. Great place to ride, been there. Used to live in Columbia, SC from '07-'10 and would frequently go there with a couple buds from work. That place is very organized mapped out to a T with trails designated difficulty levels. I found out about it from dirtwheels magazine b4 moving down there.

I'm trying to go to treverton one of these weekends.My two buddies went their 2 weeks ago and had a blast. It's about a 2.5 hr drive from me

I'm trying to go to treverton one of these weekends.My two buddies went their 2 weeks ago and had a blast. It's about a 2.5 hr drive from me

Let me know when you are going. I've never been there but I'm looking to get out there to ride as well

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to go to Trevorton Coal Hill without a permit.

ZERBE TOWNSHIP - At Monday's Zerbe Township meeting, Zerbe Township Police Chief Robert John presented information about a joint effort between Reading Anthracite Company, Zerbe Township Police and Pennsylvania State Police that resulted in 14 people being cited for trespassing.

One ATV was also confiscated by state police after being identified as stolen by its scratched off VIN.

The efforts sought to curb multiple behaviors that have become out of control on Reading's property in Zerbe Township. Reading security and Zerbe Township police worked to enforce Reading permitting and rules while a state trooper on the Auto Theft Task Force checked vehicle identification numbers for stolen ATVs.

The group arrived at the area of Reading's property known as Coal Hill in the morning of May 31. Within a few minutes, awareness of security's arrival spread throughout the area and non-permitted riders began loading up their vehicles to head elsewhere.

By 11 a.m., a group of riders without permits were cordoned off. Trespassing citations were issued to the riders and the state police officer got to work checking the ATV VINs on the vehicles that did not have visible Pennsylvania DCNR tags.

Many of the ATVs, dirt bikes and other vehicles at Coal Hill lacked proper documentation. To ride legally on public and many privately-owned permitted lands, like Reading's property, DCNR tags are required, partially to prove legal ownership of the vehicle.

The state police trooper, who asked to not be identified due to the undercover nature of his work, emphasized that people purchasing ATVs and other off-road vehicles needed to get a title and registration to ensure the vehicle is not stolen. He said that Craigslist was a hotbed for stolen vehicles and buyers should be especially careful when purchasing from a private party.

Richard Morgan, security manager for Reading Anthracite Company, said during the operation that this was the first time Reading, Zerbe Township and Pennsylvania State Police had united to monitor riding on Reading's property.

"There hasn't been anything like this in the past," said Morgan.

Morgan said last year he only distributed warnings on Reading's property.

Although he issued more than 200 warnings, he did not notice a drastic increase in permit sales.

This year, he is citing.

Morgan's team posted warning signs around the perimeter of Reading's property in advance of the crackdown. He's had signs posted before, but most are removed or destroyed by the renegade riders.

"The guards at the flats are making sure they're not tearing the signs down," said Morgan.

John said he visits the property every weekend he is on duty. Reading has given him permission to venture onto their land issue citations to anyone without a valid permit.

He brought more than 250 blank citations with him Saturday.

John said that he knows illegal riding is a problem and he would like to stop it, but he is unable to keep up with the level it has reached.

"There's a shortage of manpower," said John.

Morgan said Reading's shortage of manpower prevents it from self-enforcing the rules. He said he'd like to have security on the site every week but only has enough resources to do one more sting of this type this summer.

"We're a seven-man team," said Morgan. "You have to use them wisely."

Reading's seven-member security team enforces permits and prevents theft at all of its properties, which covers multiple counties and more than 20,000 acres. Morgan was unavailable for additional comment following Monday's meeting.

Zerbe Township supervisors said they appreciated the efforts and hope for similar enforcement of Reading's rules in the future.

"That's something I'd like to see ongoing," said supervisor Mike Schwartz.

A petition was presented at the meeting regarding the Coal Hill issues. Zerbe Township residents are welcome to add their names to the petition and can do so by contacting the municipal office at 570-797-1974 or by visiting during business hours.

Good looking out man. Ill be sure to let my buddy know

Latest posts

Back