trash in my carb.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman69

Reaction score
had to take my new 450 to the dealer today, it started running bad and i tried the norm. drain carb bowl, gas tank, new plug......still cutting out, said i had mud in the carb. my question is how exactly did it get there and how can i prevent it......well short of staying out of the mud....

First off reroute your carb vent line to the air intake for the air filter, and add an inline filter for the fuel line from the tank and possibly a one way check valve could be added to the carb vent line to prevent any intake of water into the vent line.

yeah i asked them when i picked it up yesterday.......$230.00 later.....and they told me about the vent on the carb, you would think it would go into the air box from the factory, i guess they dont expect you to have any fun and really ride these things........(that price included the first service) but thanks for the info.....i think i need to remove some body plastic and really look at my ride and see where all the vent tubes are.....

Do the 450's have the one way valvle on the carb drain line? I didn't on mine and that cuases some stuff to get into the bowl. Once I installed that, it was good good to go.

WELL IM NOT SURE, I KNOW THAT I HAVE A DRAIN ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL, IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR REFERING TOO, I HAVE TO BACK A SCREW OUT TO MAKE IT DRAIN THOUGH, I WAS TOLD IT WAST THE VENT TUBE ON THE CARB....GOING TO RUN IT INTO THE AIR BOX I THINK......

Ive had this happen 2 times already. Of corse I didnt take it to the stealership to have it fixed. Anyways I ran my vent tube up to the handle bars and so far havent had that problem again. It seem all the time I got crap in the carb was from when I was in alot (and I mean alot) of water. The air box on mine is sealed and that was the only place water (crap) was getting in!!!!

The 350 4x4's have the vent on the bottom of the bowl...strange, I know. The drain tube is also the vent, but has a one way valve that allows gas and fumes to escape, but will not let anything in. Sounds like the 450s did away with that and just have a regular vent.

Ok this just happen to me this weekend. (I went balls out muddin) now I think I got crap in my carb. can anyone help me on how to take the carb apart? I wanna look at the jets and what not. but I have no fricken clue. I do have a honda friend that worked on his before but he wants something to go on. I looked at the dynojet PFF file but no luck can anyone help me?

she's a 07

after I clean my carb out I'm goin to run the vent tube to my handle bars

I also and a stone filter to the carb vent hose as I have this happen twice not a happy camper when the Aritic Cat has to tow you back 10 miles. lol

Back