'Sup everyone

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texsc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here n the forum & to owning my first quad, a '01 Warrior 350!! Had quite an adventure going to get it... Searched craigslist for > 10 hours one night lookin 4 the best deal. Wound up ridin 800 miles roundtrip in a buddy's truck from Columbia, SC to Richond,VA!! was unsure of actual condition of the quad b/c owner said it "neded carb work" and did not run. after some more talk he said it did run, but not well...

So we get there and it fires right up(with a jump from the lawnmower) n i hand over $1K, not bad 4 the year & just needin carb work, eh? Did cost addt'l $150 4 gas...but $1150 was best price i found.

It backfired thru carb horribly when i got it home, but i went ridin trails w/ my buddy & his 450R for 4 hrs anyway!! :) It ran like a scalded dog, only had problems @ idle... My buddy said i rode it like stole it, lol. 1st time I rode a quad in 10 yrs, & the last 1 was a Bayou 220..rofl rode an hour the next day, but the carb boot ripped in half & i limped it home in 6th goin like 20...couldn't rev @ all w/o dying...

well this week i've been diggin thru the forum & the pdf manual and finally figured out the problem was it is missing the pilot screw sprig & o-ring!! i think the valves need adjustin i do hear a lil clickin goin on @ idle, but not bad at all! so i found a pen & took the spring out & it it the needle like a champ, no o-ring though so i adjusted the air screw til it calmed down. i'll post some pics later tonight or tomrrow if i get a chance.

L8er

Update... Here's some pics/vids after riding today!
Me, Warrior 350 on Quickie1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_1baCi4YMY
Buddy, Honda 450R on Quickie1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqk3dzaeYvA

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Well, congrats on your purchase. That's a great deal you got. Is it all stock? Looking forward to so of those pic later.
Enjoy

Well, congrats on your purchase. That's a great deal you got. Is it all stock? Looking forward to so of those pic later.
Enjoy

Thanks, yeah far as I know it's pretty much stock except for it has a K&N filter. Haven't taken the head apart or anything, but it runs great on 87 octane so I doubt it's got anything done to the head/piston/etc.

Back