Sunk the wolvy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctateusa1

Reaction score
Well I took my daughter (3 1/2 year old) riding tonight.

what I want to know is why is it that when you are alone 10 miles from the truck. You sink the wolverine in a creek that is waist deep. Let it die because you cant shift, hold the brake, and gas all at the same time, while wearing work clothes and boots trying not to get wet. Have to wade out and drag a now floating dead wolverine. Only have the stock barely adequate toolkit(had to get the dealer to put one in the bike because yamaha had forgot to pack one in the quad). Pulled the plug and blew water out of the cylinder, tipped quad on end to drain the exhaust and filter compartment) Got the wolvy restarted after draining the carb, only to have the clutch slipping a little, finally dried out on way home and acted right.

Want to know the worst part of the story......................
NO CAMERA TO GET A STUCK PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive learned to always take a camera for just those little mishaps that make atvn exciting. Ive missed alot of beautiful scenery and came across a baby fawn only a few hous old that I wish I had pictures of. I carry a cheap digital camera with me all the time now so when Im old and crippled and unable to ride I can look back on my pics and film clips with fond memories.

I just sunk mine today. I got it running again after pulling the plug and draining the fuel but I checked the oil and it looked like chocolate milk So I ended up getting towed home instead of running it just in case. Heck it was time for an oil change anyways. Is there anything else I should do before riding again?

on my 06 it had washed out all the grease in my primary and was packed full of mud. I would at least take the cover off and check your auto tran primary. Mine was packed full of mud not allowing the centerfugal force to change gears. A member on here called ctateusa1 helped me out with my problem and knew quite a bit about it. I would seek him out and pm him he gave me full directions on how to check and repack the primary.

Yes definetly pull the cover off and check the clutch if you need more info just send me a pm. Also you might want to check your coolant resivoir.

I can kind of relate. I was tryin to pull a buddy of mine out of a pond a few years ago when i first started riding again (took a few years off....) went to pull him out and it ended up pullin my bike into the hole from there i went to back out, wheels spiining, thorughin mud etc i gotmyself stuck. I end up movin my buddys bike enough so we could push it out but my bike got stuck an we couldnt move it.... worst comes to worst i had to get a tow out with a tractor an then we went ot change the oil an the whole bike was full of water. filled to whole ice cream containers (the big big big ones) all an all the bike is back ogether an eveyrthing but it was killer... scared me alot thought i had to get a new bike...

Back