Suggestions for a new set of sprockets and a chain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdaman

Reaction score
I need a new chain and some sprockets so I was looking for some input from you guys. I was thinking about getting some JT 520 steel sprockets and a DID 520VX2 X-Ring chain, but is there anything else that you guys would suggest for less then about $150?

I also need to know how big the stock sprockets are, and how long of a chain I should get.

then 98 links is what you need and if you want a little better top end speed out of her go with a 14 tooth front and 40 rear

I was actually thinking about going down to a 12 tooth, I mostly ride in tight woods and I rarely even get it into sixth gear.

oh OK I think you'll be fine with the 13 but if you want her to be extremely torqy go with the 12 she'll be wheely happy with the 12

I was reading the stickied thread about chains and sprockets, and I think I'll go with your advice. I've got 20" wheels and it sounds like a 12 tooth sprocket would just be overkill.

most defiantly if your running 20's out back keep it stock or go up to a 14
I run 14-40 on my 02 and she pulls hard in 1-4th gear so you should be good

Sorry to Jack the thread but what is the best brand of chain for the stock front and rear sprockets? O-ring or Non O-ring?

O-ring is better than non O-ring and X-ring is a little better than O-ring

Ok thanks i'll go with an O-ring or X-Ring. Any good brands that will last a long time?

Latest posts

Back