**stress marks**

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
is there anyway i can get them out?? im looking to sell my quad and i have a few stress marks on my plastics so i was wondering if there is any way to get them out

No like a heat gun, i dont know if a hair dryer would give off enough heat. You can buy a heat gun at most hardware stores for around $30, they are usually used for taking decals off of windows, etc.

A heat gun is like a hair dryer on crack. More airflow and a lot more heat(they get hot enough to blister paint, so be careful, and don't use it for your hair)

the stress marks will fade away long before the plastic gets hot enough to melt. As long as you stop applying heat once the marks fade out you will be fine.

could i use a hair dyrer on high? and just do a little at a time? so i dont burn it out im gona be takin all my plastics off tmro and gonna clean every inch on my quad. and i want to get out my stress marks b4 i wax it :cool: i most likly gonna sell my quad (for a yfz 450 in the spring) so i want it to look real nice..

You could use a hair dryer on high, but this process would take 90x longer then a heat gun. Basically with the heat gun you turn it on place it over the plastics I would probably start at a good distance from the stress mark, then move closer. You will see if start to change color. For instance my plastics are blue and the stress marks are light blue. Applying the heat gun to them will turn the light blue stress marks back to blue. A hair dryer just doesn't put out enough heat. Trust me, unless you are holding the heat gun an inch or 4 away from the plastics and just leaving it there you should have to worry about burning a whole in them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRIC-HEAT-GUN-KIT-ACCESSORIES-HOT-SHRINK-WRAP-PAINT_W0QQitemZ6012748920QQcategoryZ66797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The above link is a heat gun on ebay. You'll have to copy and paste the link, it takes up 2 lines.

PS: I did not give this advice; What I would do if you only want to use it once is goto Wal-mart and buy one then get the stress marks out and take the fucker back.

It doesn't take too long to get rid of the stress marks. However in corners (like the plastic under the seat) and where it is thick it does take a little longer to do. Be patient. And if you see plastic dropping down you know you've gone too far.

haha you have white plastic so you cant see them but like i have blue plastic and have you ever bent a peice of plastic and where it bends it turn a lighter color? thats wht a stress mark is ...oh nad i just found out my uncle has a heat gun for his race car

Yeah. It isn't so hard to do. Actually it is hard to **** the plastics up. I mean unless your like Hammer or Turbo you should know when your fixing to melt the plastic.

Thats their code names. Due to confidentiality I cannot release their so called yfm names.

Back