Stock Shocks Updates - Part II

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, my wife and I took off riding for the weekend, heh.

Heres the breakdown:

Rear Shock Conversion: $285 using your OEM spring. If you want a new spring (and/or at a different spring rate) add $70. This is a 'heart transplant', new shaft, with damping adjust, new rebound and compression damping valving stack, with gas/oil seperator system.

On the rear shock, I recommend sending the bottom mounting bolt with the shock, that way he can make sure the eyelet is the right size.

New Front Shocks: using your OEM springs, $675 pair. You can send him your old shocks if you cant remove the springs, or just the springs if you can remove them yourself. If you want new springs (with different spring rates), add $120.

Hopefully I got all that right, I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, lol.

He can also build triple-adjustable shocks for front and rear, and can do ext' rezzies, but you'll have to contact him for pricing.

Cogent Dynamic Motorsports
Attn: Rick
33 Meadow Brook Drive
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828) 231 5275

I gave him the links to this site, he might pop in to say Hey, and answer questions. But you can always just give him a call.

$675 for both front shocks..damn..it would be cheaper to buy aftermarket shocks..thats disappointing..

Well, most guys were interested in the rear shock conversion. I never sensed a great demand for the fronts, but I included them anyways since it was part of what I was doing.

If you look at Works, Elka's, or other front shocks with adjustable damping and the same features, they aint cheap either.

A lot of guys will opt for a set of regular (non-adustable damping) Works AT-Steeler front shocks (about $350-$375 a pair), and now they have a rear shock alternative thats less expensive than a Works Quadstar, and will do as good of a job (if not better), and have damping adjustment.

At least, thats the sense I got from all the comments.

Like I said guys, I know most of you were interested in the rear shock upgrade, and thats a pretty good price for what you end up with.

As for the fronts, I posted that info too, just because I was doing it all, and if any thing, I thought it might be cool to read about. They are extremely heavy-duty shocks for competition use, with some pretty advanced features internally. You get what you pay for.

I dont want to get into a debate, argument, or just be generally hammered on because of how much the fronts cost. If your going to compare shocks, make sure you take into account ALL the features. For example, trying to compare $350 Works shocks to $800+ Penske or Ohlins shocks is stupid.

Buy whatever makes you happy, in what ever combination makes you happy.

Sorry, I've just seen how some people around here jump all over **** sometimes. No offense intended.

If anyone has questions on the rear shock or whatever, just give Rick a call. He's a good guy, and has a lot of happy customers. Ya can ask me too, and I'll try to find out for ya.

Wow the rear shock price is pretty awsome, he does the Banhee too right?? because thats what I have.

If its the same basic build as the Raptor shock, I dont see why not.

The upgraded rear shock is a HUGE difference over stock, I'm very happy with its performance. For the price, its hard to beat IMHO.

Hey guys, a little update....

I've been doing some good riding on the weekends, and going again on Saturday, heh.

I've got my shocks dialed-in pretty well, and they do work pretty awesome for most conditions. I had the chance to tweak them for MX style jumping too, and they performed pretty good overall while I was on the MX track, definitely better than stock, lol. I returned them to my XC style config aftwards, which only involves changing the pre-load, and setting the damping back to where I had it. 10 mins total :D

For your guys that want a good upgrade and want to save money, I'd say pick your favorite front shocks (Works Performance or similar maybe since theyre reasonably inexpensive and better than stock), and have the stock rear shock upgraded by CDM like mine, and you'll end up with a pretty kick-ass setup for very reasonable money. It'll be WAY better than stock for sure.

That upgraded rear shock will also work well with higher-end fronts like Elkas or CDM's own fronts.

Back