Sputtering at mid to high RPM

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the screws heads where stripped on the plastic needle piece

Ok so I tried a 147.5, 150, 152.5, and a 155 main with no luck. So I just bought a zoom zoom carb and it runs like a top. I put the 42.5 pilot and 150 main in it. How exactly do you do a plug chop? I know it involves cutting the plugs and running at full throttle. Does it matter which gear? and I will do a 1/4 throttle plug chop as well.

The left plug is a new one and the one on the right is a plug I ran for few minutes at about 1/2 throttle.

Attachments

• IMG_2214[1].jpg
    IMG_2214[1].jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 20
Ok so I put a 155 main and a 45 pilot jet and it runs fine and here is the plug after 5-10 minutes of running it around the yard in 1-2 gear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
Great. Finally that's over! I almost didn't put the 155 in it but glad I did. Thanks for all the help! I made a video on how to jet it and will post it in tutorials do you know how to make it a sticky ?

So hears the plug after about 6 hours of riding. Is it supposed to stay tan or get black?
20DEF5FC-33D4-4ABD-B5F2-947AD17B7125_zpscymnawbn.jpg
[/URL]

If all 3 circuits are jetted correctly yes it should stay brown
What throttle range were you running it at most of the time?

1/4 throttle to 1/2 and occasionally 3/4 throttle

What ever stock is. Isn't stock like 3rd notch?

Yep 3rd notch down from top
If it ran great throughout the throttle range without any bog or studdering than its fine it's actually better to be a tad rich than lean

Yep 3rd notch down from top
If it ran great throughout the throttle range without any bog or studdering than its fine it's actually better to be a tad rich than lean

It ran great. No sputtering or bogging at all. I think I will leave it then. Thanks for the help

Back