snorkel.......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepriggin

Reaction score
:shock: :shock: I figured this would be the right section to post in, no better protection than from drowning. I was just curious to see if anyone has snorked thier wolvies, I'm in the process myself, and would love to here some feedback.

Well, I did it. 2" PVC, 1 rubber sleeve, and only had to cut the factory "snorkel" on the top of the air box. Routed the diff. vent lines and carb vent up to the handlebars, and am going to tie in the crankcase line straight to the air box. A little bit of silicone around the air box and I'll be good to go, didnt bother with the exhaust though.

I already tried for fun with 2x 1" tubing and fittings in the same factory hole without cutting anything and routing it thru handlebars and it didn't work hehehe
It idle well but it die past 1/4 throttle.

Key word with snorkels.....It takes more than once to get it right!!! I got mine the way I like it after about the third time redoing it. Oh...LOL It doesnt help when you roll you bike with these thing...It tends to break them off...I would know LOL LOL LOL

Anyone have action pics putting the snorkles to use?

I'll try to get some action pics and submit my wolvy to the showroom...just put on my 27s and i'm thinking about a snorkel....But i'll try to get some deeeeepppp water riding pics asap.

I saw one at a local atv park. He had a plexiglass airbox lid with a 2" pvc elbow leading out the right side next to the exhaust and through the right front fender, all 2" pvc. There was heat wrap on the part that was next to the exhaust. He had it up to the handlebars in the water with no problem. No exhaust snorkel though.

snorkel

I just built a snorkel today, it was easy to make and only costed about 30 bucks. i used 2'' pvc some 45's, 90's and a couple different kinds of couplings. i only rode it a little bit in the power cut near my house and it seemed to run great. no bogging down at all, maybe a bit of power loss. i put a screw type coupling coming out of the front plastic so i can put different length/type of ends on easily. the single pipe works good so far but i am going to make another end with a tee and two 90's to get a bit more air flow. i still have to run all the breather lines and a few other things to fix up, but i am very happy how it turned out. My oil cooler is just hanging around till i get my new perma-cool cooler and remount it. i can't wait till next weekend to really try thing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here is a link to some pics, let me know what you think.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/s104x498/album/576460762400529680

I have a 2005 Wolverine. I used a 4x4x2 reducing wye to make a new airbox for my snorkel. I used a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer to mount directily to the factory rubber intake. On the other end of the reducing wye, I put a test plug so I can take out the K&N air filter. I tried several different ways to get the pipe out the front but out the rear was much easier. I used 5 , 2 inch 45's and some 2 inch schedule 40 from the reducing wye through the frame around the rear shock and then up through the rear rack. Works pretty good so far. By the way the K&N filter fits perfectly in the reducing wye.

Trubl,

Would you mind posting some pics or links of your set up?

There are a few pics in the showroom. I have made some improvements with a flexible hose that comes out the back. I will try to take some more pics and post them.

Latest posts

Back