rev limiter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eedarb

Reaction score
hey guys. i have an 07 wolverine 450 and when im riding after a little while the quad wont go faster than about 25km/hr. if i try to accelerate it almost feels like its starving for fuel or something? maybe a rev limiter? nothing flashes or anything so im lost...

does it stumble as in it's missing out? Or does it just not rev up? If it's a stumble, it sounds like the rev limiter that's activated if hte parking brake is on.

If it just won't rev up, and it seems to run fine, then it sounds like maybe it's just starved for fuel - make sure the breather tube to the tank cap flows freely if you blow into it.

Have you made any exhaust / intake / jetting changes?

ya it seems to stumble when i get to that speed. all i have done is take the spark arrester out. what do u mean the parking brake?

the older wolvys had a seperate parking brake, ours cant be in gear with the parking brake on so that isnt the problem, the only time i have noticed the rev limiter on my 06 is in reverse, and i took out my arrestor and it runs fine so that im guessing isnt the root of your problem.........

Ok there are several factors here that i have heard of contributing to this kind of a problem,

I have had happen to me the 450 when you get it in deeper water, you can dilute the grease in the primary clutch causing it to start slipping(just remove cover clean everything and repack the primary.)

I have heard of people having found some "plastic" black junk in their main jets and junk in the bottom of the carb, everyone says to relocate your carb vent tube to the intake box to help with sucking up water or dirt into the carb and clogging a jet and causing it to stutter or sputter.

These are the most common problems I have run across with the 450.

thanks for the help guys ill try those out and hopefully have some luck getting this fixed

after todays ride i have another possible solution.....have you been in any deep water? i filled my belt housing with water and it seemed to be cutting out, it was the belt slipping.....so i pulled the drain plug and let it set for about 10 min and it was good to go....the drain plug is by your right foot peg.....it just twists out.........good luck

Yhea fireman that is what I was talking about water getting into the belt housing, and if you are not careful it will dilute the grease in it and then you have to remove the cover and repack the primary.

i just dealt with the same problem, and it was dirt in my carb breather line, they say this is a problem on the wolvies and to reroute it to the air box, the only difference was my reverse light was flashing? a ny one know what this is about?

reverse light flashing (in neutral or park)= idiot light do not shift when revved up.

safety factor, all it is there for is to freak you out so that you say oh sh!t long enough for the revs to drop back down to a safe level to shift into a driven gear so that you do not do any damage

Back