Project "Super Gonzo" 2000 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modelking

Reaction score
Well i've been wanting to start a build thread for awhile, so I figured I''d start one before I get too far along. lol It's a 2000 warrior that I bought back in march. I've rebuilt an engine for it and done small things through the summer, But I was on my last ride of the year and the rear hub came flying off and I decided it's time for a rebuild. At that time I was just gonna go through some things and paint the frame, but plans change and I have some big ones now. :evilface: So far I've replaced the linkage bearings and polished the dog bone and link. I'm waiting on my swing arm bearings and carrier bearings. the plan is to get some +2 a arms, +2+4 axle, 01 660 raptor shock. same old same old.

On with the pictures! (don't make fun of my SUPER ghetto work space!)

Before the rebuild

Yes, the IS a table saw my warrior is sitting on, in my basement! :iagree:

That's it for now, I'll keep you all updated when I get new goodies!

Lol @ the ghetto comment. You got lights , a work bench, a stool, tools, a fridge, and I am assuming heat since it is in the basement. You got more going for ya than some guys do. I used to work in an 8x8 metal shed with no insulation and a pathetic little kerosene heater that only kept me warm when I used it as a chair. Anyway, good luck with the build and keep the pics coming. Btw, how you plan on getting it out of the basement after you finish it? Haha. Figured I'd ask before someone else did.

Lol yeah it's way better than the Wisconsin winter! Basically I'm going to assemble it and take it apart in sub assembly's, That way when the trails open around here that's all I've got to do is put it all together. which will only take like a weekend.

Well today I found out today first hand how big of a B%$@* old bearings can be. This is the swing arm bearing and as you can see, it wasn't fun getting it out! lol So now I get to clean and paint the swing arm and get everything prepped for my stuff coming in next week sometime.

Ughh that looks like it was fun....

It wasn't! lol

Santa visited my house again, +2 A Arms and Brand new set of GBC XC-Master tires. Now I need my axle and hubs, and front shocks. :atv:

No pictures right now, But I also got the swing arm bearings replaced, Carrier bearings out, And swinger and carrier painted. I Also bought my 01 660 shock. It's coming together, just slowly... lol I plan on having a good update this weekend, hopefully... :tup:

:tup: NICE!! You got time before the season starts so don't stress out. Sweet dude!

381cc71754375e39a6a4b83e44862cb2.jpg

Need shocks?

Looks like a nice project, i hear yuh on the Wisconsin winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I'm enjoying the build right now, I'm not stressed at all. I figure if it's not done before the season opens I'll wait. It's not that big of a deal to me. I'd rather have it done the right way first than half-ass it together.

381cc71754375e39a6a4b83e44862cb2.jpg

Need shocks?

I actually just bought those on facebook. lol Thanks again man!

Well I got a lot done this past weekend! The swing arm is bolted down and all the linkages and shock are bolted down and greased. got the carrier bearings in. got the engine in and cleaned. Got brand new chain slide's on it and I got the front end mocked up and ready to be adjusted. waiting on my axle and hubs and I should be ready to put it all on the ground, so I can accurately adjust my front end. all and all it's coming together great I think! here are some pictures of it

I'd love to get some better pictures of it. I've just gotta find my good camera. lol but that's about it for now. Now it's just gonna be more cleaning. :tdown:

Latest posts

Back