Powder Coated......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive.

For my part, I would like to have my rear rack painted the same color has the front bumper. At first, I thought to use spray paint but didn't do it because I was afraid the paint wouldn't be very tough.

The question that I have is: if I ask a shop to powder coat my rack, will the coat will be as tough as the one put by Yamaha?

This stuff is as tuff as nails. We had some sample pieces we did... that we hit with a hammer and it dented the metal without chipping the powder coat. Im not into using paint myself. The powder works as good if not better than the factory yamaha coat that they use. Hope that helps you out.

Do you have a setup you use at home? I've seen what Eastwood offers and it looks like they have nice set ups for DIYers.

WoodWarrior,
If you don't go the powdercoat route, you could always paint it with truck bedliner. A buddy of mine did that with his KingQuad and it came out nice!

Glenn said:
Do you have a setup you use at home? I've seen what Eastwood offers and it looks like they have nice set ups for DIYers.

WoodWarrior,
If you don't go the powdercoat route, you could always paint it with truck bedliner. A buddy of mine did that with his KingQuad and it came out nice!

Yes sir I get all my stuff from eastwood. I have the gun and get powders from them. I dont us there diyers....We have a spare oven out in the shop at my friends we use!!!!!

Wasinger12 said:
Glenn said:

WoodWarrior,

Yes sir I get all my stuff from eastwood. I have the gun and get powders from them. I dont us there diyers....We have a spare oven out in the shop at my friends we use!!!!!

Great job!

Latest posts

Back