Owners of the older and newer Wolverines ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THill

Reaction score
Im looking at maybe getting another Yamaha atv in the future.
I'd like to know if their are anyone here that has had one of the older model Wolvys and got one of the newer 06+ models now.
If so what do you think of the two ? I know the newer 450 motors will have more top end but im not looking for speed, i like good lowend and tight handling, fast fire or logging roads type riding along with some mud and slow rocky sections...
I've had a 05 Kodiak 450 so i know how good that motor is but how does it stack up in this frame against the old Wolvy ?..
I had a clutch kit, HMF exhaust and Dynojet carb kit in my Kodiak and it ran great turning ITP 26 Mudlites with no problems, so i really like the 450 motor thats in the new Wolvy, pretty much bullet proof like the older 350..
So let me know what you folks think of the two...
Thanks...T Hill

If you had a Kodiak 450, then you basically had a newer Wolverine...without the SRA.

I had an '01 350 Wolv, and I've had an '04 Kodiak 450. The newer Wolvs are identical to the SRA 450 Kodiaks, just with 'sportier' plastic bodywork.

I can tell you one thing for sure...the 350 was quicker. It would leave my Kodiak behind pretty easily in the holeshot. The Kodiak would eventually catch up somewhat, but to tell you the truth, I never had enough room to see if it would catch up and beat it. I could only get the Kodiak up to about 52mph, and I'm willing to bet the 350 Wolv would atleast do that, if not a little more.

The Kodiak/Wolv 450 is definitely more 'comfortable' (not that the 350 is bad), but the 350 will out handle it, espeically in the tight stuff. The 450 probably handles a little better at high speeds though. It just feels a lot sportier and lighter. And for me, I love semi-autos (wish theyd still make them like that), so the 350 was a lot more fun to ride. I can go on and on about the advantages/disadvantages of both transmission types. lol

The Wolv 450 has more creature comforts of course too, like liquid-cooling, instrumentation, selectable 2/4wd, automatic (if you find that a 'plus'), and full floorboards.

:)

They really should have made the new 350 more like the old ones or steal the 350 raptor power train for it. Something in that realm.

Latest posts

Back