Oil change questions......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know its a pretty basic thing but I just bought this 2000 Wolvie and I have no clue when the oil was changed last. I figured I would just do it now. So a few questions..
How often should I change it?
What weight oil does it take?
Is there a fiter I have to change too, if so where is it?

Its my first ATV so bear with me and my stoopid questions. :)

hey there ! I was in the same boat with you until today. i have a new to me 99 wolvy i just bought a month ago. i drove down to the yamaha dealer today and picked up 3 quarts of yamalube 10w40 and a filter. the fellas at the parts counter can point out what all you need. now to change the oil you need to remove the drain plug on the left side under the engine. its a fairly big plug like a 3/4 socket i believe. take it out and it will have a spring and a screen with it so becareful not to loose it. let it drain !! then romve the three hex bolts holding the oil pump on"by the two oil hoses on the lower right side of the engine. the oil filter is inside. its not that bad to do at all. when i get home i can get you the oil filter part number and post it.

ok im home now and have the part numbers.... the oil filter part number is: 1UY-13440-02-00 the oil is: LUB-10W40-AP-12 you will need 3 quarts. also while your changing fluids is a good idea to change out your diff's one quart does the front and rear. part number for gear lube is: 444071 be sure it says hypoid 80w90. hope this info helps and let me know if you need anything else. i got a new camera for xmas lol i could snap some pics if needed. good luck !!! :)

Jaredfly, Man thanks for the help! I should probably get this done before too long cause like I said, I dont know when it was changed last. Thats a good idea changing the diff fluid, I hadn't even thought of that.

Thanks again!
Meatball

hey no problem buddy ! i'm glad to help. let me know how everything goes.

take care !

Hey jaredfly, I got one more question for you, what about the air filter? did you change yours? do you have that part number too? Thanks in advance.

New Uni-Filter NU-2295ST air filter for Yamaha atvs. Fits the following models:

* Warrior 1987-2005
* Wolverine 1995-2005
* Grizzly 600 1998-2001

Price: 25.00 and up

or...

K&N
PN: YA-4350

Fits in factory air box.
YAMAHA YFM350FX WOLVERINE 350 94-05
YAMAHA YFM350X WARRIOR 350 87-04
YAMAHA YFM600 GRIZZLY 600 98-01

45.00 and up

Or

if your going all out have a look at this one !

Pro Design Pro Flow Foam Air Filter Yamaha Wolverine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-...104989QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To view all air filters eBay has here is a link.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ya...s&_odkw=yamaha+wolverine+air+filter&_osacat=0

Here is a Moose power kit. Manufacturer Part #: MPK403
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...e=&catId=&productId=p172354&leafCatId=&mmyId=

This is what i bought, If you go with it let me know. I got it for 120.00 i can tell you how. you need a pipe with it also

I bought the power kit and DG full exhaust for 250 through D.Kirk and installed it ....... boy oh boy what a difference it made with low end power!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back