New project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
1970-something Massey Ferguson 8hp tractor
9e2beef06c94f60580b1448f99ccbc5a.jpg

+

1981 Honda CB650
2058de941442bef960c318984b436b24.jpg

=

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

First is to get the bike running... these carbs are a nightmare.
fc21941316ef7112867efc54168f7d9a.jpg

Got both machines for free. Tractor has no spark, bike has no title but ran before it was put away 2 years ago. Should be an interesting little project. The worst part will just be figuring out how to mount the engine in the tractor so it stays there. We're planning on using a rear swingarm setup off an old quad. We're not even sure where this project is going to end up, but i'm damn sure I won't be riding it without a helmet.

thats sick!! It's the same thing I wanted to do for a few years, but never got anything to put together. Good luck. And definatley post up pics as time goes on!

I don't think this is going to be so ridiculous that we'll never be able to make it work. Actually, the more we've been looking at it, it should be pretty simple. We're going to cut the center part of the frame out of the bike and weld that straight to the tractor frame instead of trying to figure out a way to make all new mounts. The hard part, assuming that we can get it to run (electrical issues right now) is replacing the belt-driven hydrostatic rear end with a solid rear axle from a quad. Not sure how we're going to make that happen yet.

There won't be any room for a muffler, so we're cutting off the headers about 12 inches from the exhaust ports, and aiming 2 out each side. Should look badass but hearing protection will most likely be necessary.

Got a couple more pieces of the puzzle figured out today. We weren't sure where we were going to mount all the controls on it. At first, we were thinking about mounting some handlebars to it and setting it up like a quad. Then the more we stared at it, the more these genius ideas started popping up. The pedal on the left side (originally the brake) will be our throttle. We'll mount the rear brake pedal on the right. The lever on the left side that originally raised and lowered the deck will now be our shift lever, and the clutch lever will be mounted on that. Sort of like a suicide shifter on a chopper. It might also be possible to make the rear suspension actually functional.

Any good ideas about what kind of quad rear end setup to use? Something that can be had for cheap, with disc brakes and a steel swingarm in case it needs to be welded on. I was thinking about just getting one off an old warrior.

dude i want free ****:(....that tractor would be the best project for me if i had it....that swing arm idea is a good one, i have an extra one if you want it, i have a rear rotor too if you wanna hook that **** up for hydros

Yeah, the carbs are a nightmare. I'm not going to aim for perfection, at least not right now, because even running on 3 cylinders, it'll still be fast as **** in that tractor. That might actually be better at least until we figure out how it's going to behave.

yah cant wait till those carbs starting getting there needle valve assemblies stuck cause of all the shitty gas now adays.....but if/when this gets done i wanna see a video of this thing doing a wheelie.......hahahahaha

Yeah you better mount a wheely bar on that **** because that front end is going to lift like a mofo. Fast as **** though hahaha cant wait to see it done.

Back