New guy with a 99

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pictures from the weekend :(

Both trips we went on the warrior performed nicely as expected. I really need to do something about the Bear Claws though I'm tired of getting soaked every time I gun it in a water hole I'm having a bit of trouble getting through. Hopefully flipping the rims back the right way and using some Holeshot wannabe's for muddy conditions that my fiance's uncle is giving me will help out. Also need to get rid of the Bandits up front for next year, they suck at clearing out and it's not fun flinging mud infront of you just to have it land back on you lol. For now I'll just run them for the rest of the season and work on the snowmowheeler parts gathering :)

holeshot style tires SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK in the mud. (and sand)

Went for a ride earlier today, lets just say I found some 'squishy' spots...

As you can see, I got new bars at the begining of August. Fly Racing, $30 on eBay and they're pretty good!

Also ordered all the parts for the Raptor clutch mod on Wednesday.

Here's a couple pics that I finally uploaded to photobucket because lets face it, threads suck without pics...

Heading to camp for Memorial Day weekend, averaged 30mpg hauling the trailer with the ol' TDI

Picked these up for $40 for the pair which I plan on restudding anyways for the "SnomoWarrior" project

In addition to post 21, here are those tires:

Getting them mounted tomorrow so we'll see how they do. They're R/A Shredders and what I could find about them they seem pretty good. Obviously not for mud but I can always skip those spots.

Went for a 40 mile ride with my dad yesterday, the Shredders did pretty damn good I was impressed. Some spots I think they did better than my Bear Claws did...

Also a couple weeks ago I picked up a pair of 10" wheels with Kenda Klaw XCRs on them in trade for the Cheng Shins and $40. Rims are 4/156 but thats nothing some 1990 Banshee hubs can't take care of...

Last edited:
I don't know where you found those Shredders at, but they are one of my favorite tires ever made. Some places still sale them for 8 and 10 inch rims. Nice warrior man

Thanks I appreciate it! My fiances uncle had these kickin around his shed and said I can try em out and if they were something I want then $30.

Back