New guy with 97 Warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADSST

Reaction score
I picked up a 97 Warrior project for almost nothing. Its a little beat up, but gave me a good base for all the mods

List of mods planed:
430cc stroker kit with 11:1 compression
Ported head with +1 valve
Stage 2 hot cam
New exhaust
Raptor clutch mod
Oil cooler
Long travel A-Arms
Upgrade to tie rods with 12mm rod ends
+2 or 4 inch swing arm (don't know yet)
G-Force adj. axle
New shocks all around.

Will post pics when weather get better!

If anyone has any ideas on things I missed let me know

Welcome to the site. Enjoy. I take it ur planning to sue the stock springs with that cam? Egh, I'd advise against it since your upping the compression and adding stroke. Why hotcams If I may ask. Upgrade your filtering system too! Good luck with the build.

I'm not set on the hot cam. Just read it was a good match for the stroker kit. I plan on matching the springs to the cam and compression.

I like to do hill climbs and jumps. Just don't. Know a good swing arm length for the warrior.

Had a 4+ on my old Raptor 660 and loved it. But ever quads different. lol

get a clamp on uni and def a megacycle or powroll cam. also good luck finding long travel a arms, no one makes them anymore. if you want longer shocks you'll need a relocator or do some fabricating

I have the .430 Poweroll cam in my quad now. It'd work perfect with a Stroker!

Looks liike the Poweroll cam is a better setup to compliment the stroker!

I'm about 2 months from the engine build. I get to choose one big present every year from the wife. So I'm gonna ask for the stroker kit. lol, Gonna do the suspension first.

I'm going to finish tearing the Warrior down wednsday. And get frame painted.

I actually talked to a guy a little while ago. And he said there doing the R&D on it right now. And will have it in about 6 weeks!

And he said it will be setup for a 16 inch long travel shock.

Not for sure on all the specs. I do know they will be 2 inches longer. Relocated shock mount for better geometry(sp?) And adjustable upper A-Arms.

sweet, so ASR is gunna have a long travel shock now for the old wardog. I want pics!

Badsst i have a +3 lonestar swinger on mine and for hill climbs its sooo stable and shoots right up them. For jumps, ehg its ok but seems a bit long for big jumps. But i dont care for jumping to crazy. Maybe a +2 would be better... Good luck with the build and keep us posted!!

Back