New guy. Buffalo, ny

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resurrected

Reaction score
Been lurking for a ill while now figured I'd say hello. I recently picked up a 98 warrior. Needs a ill love but she'll get there. Has the classic prob it won't start with the button. C & c welcome :)
2012-03-25175733.jpg

Nothing at all. I can start it by jumping the silinoid. And it'll run fine. From what I've read on here seems the starter silinoid is bad?

yeah more than likely the solenoid is under the left rear fender they are like $25 or check the fuse right there in the red wire

Hey, Bro, Welcome I had the same problem with my daughters 01 warrior 350 after inspecting all plugs connection i spot a short right inside of the swith plug, the inside connections was loose. my 98 warrior different story, some how the push button was not making contact, I had to push the button while beating the swith with a wrench, jajajajaja. theres couple tips for ya!!!!

So the problem is, you are not getting power from the button to the solinoid. If you've replaced the solinoid you have eliminated it as a possible problem. When you jump the poles you know the positve cable to the starter is good. The last place to look is in the wiring harness. Pull up the wiring diagram in the forums if you don't have a manual. There is a bad connection, or issue somewhere thats not allowing the circut to complete itself.

I tried running continuity threw the start switch which is brown and red/white and I get nothing. If I use black and red white I get continuity correctly threw the button.

Welcome! i Know this is a stupid question... but you are pulling in the clutch to start it right? My honda buddy can never remember that.

new guy lockport new york

Stopping by to say what's up to everyone, I picked a 94 warrior and looking to do some engine mods and sugestions? I already put a DG o-series slip on a k&n filter jetted the carb

Latest posts

Back