My Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
i picked up my 01 warrior a few months back. i got it from this kid who seemed to care more about painting things on it rather then fixing it. i wish i had paid more attention to that when i bought it, but in the end im happy with it. its a great bike, even though ive spent more on it then i probably should have.

when i picked it up, it was pretty much stock except for a dg slip on, dg front bumper, and full dg skid plates. first thing to go were the garbage original tires that were absolutely useless in any amount of snow. i replaced those with 21x7x10 and 20x11x9 GBC XC masters. it also needed a arm bushings and brakes all around, as well a a full tune up. after that, the mod bug hit. i got my hands on a raptor 660 rear shock, raptor 350 fronts (its amazing how bad the stock warrior shocks are) a set of pro taper bars, tusk nerfs, new chain and sprockets (JT steel 14/40 and RK x-ring chain), raptor 350 clutch cable set up w/ moose ez pull levers, parking brake delete. the dg slip on was def not for a warrior, as it was mounted with small brackets, but i ended up scoring a white bros e-series of craigslist for stupid cheap, just needed to be re-packed. also found out my axle was slightly bent so off with that and got a tusk adjustable, and replaced the carrier bearings while i was at it. im pretty happy with it as it sits, but im sure ill be adding more stuff.

when i first bought it:

some pics from this weekend ride:

after i cleaned it up:

Last edited:
these tires are worth every penny. no way i was getting through the mud this weekend without them. raptor clutch cable and direct shifter are must haves as well. you dont realize how bad the stock warrior shocks are either until you change them, lol.

Nice gripper seat too!! Yea I have never ran GBC XC masters or Xrex but have heard so many great reviews about them. I had some GBC Dirt Devils on a 250 Timberwolf and they was damn good tires. I agree the direct shifter is a must

Back