Mixing Radials and bias tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine350rider

Reaction score
Is it really bad to do? I LOVE the ATR rears my dad has on the grizzly, but cant really afford the fronts too right now. Would it be ok to run ATRs in the rear, and 25" Dunlops in the front? Is the hadling difference horrible? I know people with Irazr(radials) in the rear, and razr2(bias) in the front, and they have no complaints.

Thanks

I haven't experience that combination but I think the handling will be right in the middle of what you get when riding 4 bias tires and you get when riding 4 radial tires :). The biggest issue that I see is that even if the bias and radial tires are both 25", they won't be the same size since they are manufactured by different company (ITP and Dunlop). Some 25" tires are actually closer to 24" than 25". This difference could affect a little bit the handling.

WoodWarrior said:
This difference could affect a little bit the handling.

This difference can also put a strain on the drivetrain, and especially the "transfer case" portion of the tranny. I always replace all 4 tires with the same make / model, just appropriate sizes for front and rear. Different diameter tires WILL strain your transmission...

Back