It ain't fine if it don't shine.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machete

Reaction score
After washing (with pressure washer) your ride, let 'er dry. Spray it with tire foam (Armor-Al's), wait 10 minutes and wipe off the excess. Shines like new and holds up for at least 2 washes. Dirt comes off easier too when you wash it.

<><

DON'T do the seat.....F'ing slippery!

Another good one for greasy engines especially is super clean or purple power with a stiff bristle brush. It will really clean up good. But dont let it sit on paint or it will discolor(works great on car engines as well)

I've found that if you don't ride it, it doesn't get very dirty!

This isn't my normal plan of attack, but since September, my machine was down for an upper end rebuild (long story, I'll get into it at another time) till 2 weeks ago - thus, no trail riding. She's just as clean as she was when I parked her.

95Wolverine said:
I've found that if you don't ride it, it doesn't get very dirty!

This isn't my normal plan of attack, but since September, my machine was down for an upper end rebuild (long story, I'll get into it at another time) till 2 weeks ago - thus, no trail riding. She's just as clean as she was when I parked her.

Around here you're teatering on a "garage queen". :D
Although after every ride I do the preasure washer ritual. She always goes to bed clean.

<><

Garage queen? OMG... when I do the writeup for the parking brake revamp, I'll take pics of my skids - that oughta tell ya that when I do ride, I ride hard. I call them battle wounds - and I'm proud of them. lol

I too have to wash her after every ride - can't stand the thought of the moisture trapped under the mudd eating away at whatever metal is exposed under it.

"...A CLEAN Yamaha is a HAPPY Yamaha..." Quote from Jeff Sharkey, one of the finest human beings I've met...

I find sometimes the presure washer will take of my decals, how ever i am looking for a product to clean up the engin really good so i cant paint it with high temp paint as mine could use the new look! :)

I haven't seen racing blue since i pulled it off the showroom floor. C'mon fellas these things aren't meant for fashion shows!

Back