Havin power problems!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolvyRida

Reaction score
Hello I have an 04 wolvy and I'm havin some power problems. Jus got it back out after rebuilding the starter and adjusting the valves while it was down. Was riding just fine for the first while then then it was feeling like somethin was holdin it back, it got a little worse before I was back to my truck, to the point to where it didn't wanna pull a hill goin down the road. I won't even spin the tires on loose stuff. I had problems a little while back where it would jus spit n spudder n wouldn't barely move, it ended up bein dirt in the carb and I was able to clean it out n get it runnin good again, even tho I darn destroyed the smaller jet tryin to get it out, not sure how I will get it out now either cus the sides of the slot for the flathead screwdriver broke away some. Was thinkin about jus takin the carb to a shop n have them go over it but I don't have. Very much extra money so I was hopin someone could help me out, ecspecially since I'm not even sure if its the carb cus its not doin what it was doin before when the carb was dirty.

Well I jus tore the carb apart, only to find the area where the slide diaphragm is filled with crud and the rubber boot thing on the diaphragm itself has a tear and a small hole in it. I'm guessing that I won't be able to get riding again with jus a cleaning, I'll have to get a new slide diaphragm huh??

replace the carburetor with a warrior one use the warrior intake boot. warrior carburetor will give woi better performance. it a 36mm fcr with accelerator pump. you will have top play with the jet !

That sounds like a plan sometime in the future, don't have much of a budget at the moment lol I was able to mend my diaphragm with a little strip of plastic from a bag that bolts came in for my trucks ball joints and some krazy glue, seems to be holding up great cus my quads runnin great right now. Would definately like to get some more performance outta it so I will look into gettin that carb sometime, thanks!!

i see your setup, have you change your stock pilot jet ?
check for a diaphragm for a suzuki kingquad 300 i think it is very cheap on ebay and guest 99% sure it fit a stock wolverine carb.

I'm not sure exactly which jet that is, all the jet changes were done by the previous owner n I'm jus learning how the carb works by jus tearing into it n teaching myself like I have and do with everything else, I kno that the little "screw" below the intake inlet that's up in there is about destroyed cus it wouldn't budge and the groove jus broke away kinda.

i suggest you to replace the k&n filter with a stock one or uni. are u using air box cover ?

Yeah I'm usin the airbox cover and have no plans on gettin rid of my k&n, its damn near brand new n is workin pretty good in my eyes. I may go to a uni in the future when the k&n wears out but I don't have much of a budget n I have other things that need addressed way before that

why you had dirt in the carb ? k&n air filter should never be used on dirt without the outwear.

Yeah u have a point, will have to look into gettin an outerwear, been wantin to get one anyways lol I would like to get the outerwear airbox lid but I'm sure id have to mess with my jets with that much more airflow

U kno I was jus thinkin, I may also have gotten dirt in my carb cus my airbox lid doesn't fit perfectly snug on the airbox, need to order a new airbox when I get the money

im in tuning since 10 year, i can tell, wolverine stock intake and filter breath enough to power a 30-35 hp engine, since it only a 17 hp engine, you will never add power by mod something in the airbox. pipe add some hp at high rpm, carburetor with pipe add some hp, piston can add power, camshaft can add power.

i can tell you that the wolverine 4x4 have bigger intake than a suzuki vinson 500cc , and a bigger exhaust pipe and silencer. since vinson 500 produce more power than the wolverine you should remember power is a bunch of thing tunned toggether. removing the intake restriction by changing the air filter will reduce the intake vaccum so the carburetor cant give to the engine the gas it need. you will have to go bigger jet to compensate the vaccum lost . at all you gain 2 hp at 6-7k rpm but loose 2-3 lb of torq and 2-3 hp from 3-5k rpm . yess the engiine feel to pull harder but in a race you need the 3-5k rpm power to accelerate from a curve.

i have see so many stock atv performing better that a atv with pipe and filter ...

Latest posts

Back