Got my NEW CDI!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
Well, i got my new CDI, and now my quad runs, (still leaks fuel out the carb, but im not worried about that anymore haha) anyway it runs pretty good... except now it seems like there is a rev limiter on the quad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osNbXNQ1eaM

Take a listen when i hit the throttle.. its an aftermarket CDI, from RMSTATOR, http://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/yama..._warrior_+_free_spark_plug/2002-2004/5478.htm

It kinda sucks now cause first gear redlines almost instantly >.<

Any ideas? im thinking about getting another CDI =[

Humm. I'd call them and ask for an explanation. Warrior have no rev limiters........or shouldn't.

have you bypassed the parking brake yet if its sticking it will seem like you have a rev limiter at i think around 2000rpms.

I know right! You dont think this is that issue people have with the parking brake do you?

I dont wanna look like an idiot and yell at em when it was just that haha.

At least it doesnt tick now!

yeah, that was my next question. And what I remember looking at it, I did bypass it but I think I reverted it back to how it was. the plate just keep grim from getting into your caliper. you have to follow the wires down from the brake lever, unplug them and plug the two ends into each other that feed into your harness. (or I think thats how its done....hahah, haven't had to deal with that in a while)

Its should run like a beast when you figure it all out. Remember to put a new chain and carrier baring on your "need to buy" list.

i dont think it would be that though i think it is the CDI cause it sounds to be around 7k 8k RPM when it cuts out. Still thought thats annoying when your used to the Warrior not redlining at all. Ughhhh

Yup confirmed its the CDI limiting my rev...

Screw RMSTATOR

Last edited:
I hooked up my old CDI for a little until it stop producing spark and confirmed that the new CDI from RMSTATOR is limiting my REV.. wtf haha

i emailed em. there site says though and i quote

"Raises RPM from 7,600 to 8,600 This performance CDI box increases the rev limit 1000 RPM over stock for increased top speed, and advances the timing for better throttle response, more torque and horse power!"

It sounds like thats when it redlines around. but its just annoying because i can get better performance out of my old factory stock one! they better take this heap back...

the funny part is warriors dont have a rev limiter. its deffintly something with thier product. your old cdi must have a component that shorts or something when it warms up.

Ya thats what im thinking. This is making me mad...

Im talking to them now... i will keep you posted. im trying to explain why they would claim to raise the rev limiter and implement one on a warrior when there is no rev limiter....

What year is your quad??? Your post about the carb problems you said it's a 2001 the link I gave you is for 2002 and up. And the link to RMstator you gave is for 2002 and up. Did you post the wrong link for your stator or did you order one for the wrong year?

Haha ya I thought it was an 01 until I was down at deadLasts haha it's an 02 sorry

went out on a couple hour ride today with the CDI box.. well she ran really good that was def the issue. I ordered a stock cdi from ebay.. this rev limiter **** sucks!

Latest posts

Back