Foot Pegs for an 07 SE?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h0p16

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I just bought an 07SE and I must say that even though it is stock I like everything about it so far except the foot pegs. The stock peg just does not bite my boots enough for me to feel like I've got my feet securely underneath me.

I see that the pegs are snap welded rather than screwed on so I'm guessing that Yamaha wasn't planning on people like me wanting to change them to something else.. However if anyone here has a suggestion that I can use to swap for the stock please send a part name or URL.

Thanks for your time,

I felt the same way when I first got mine. To help myself feel more comfortable, I made a conscious effort to keep my feet firmly on the actual pegs, instead of letting them rest wherever they fall. Now it just feels natural to keep them on the pegs.

What are you using for footwear? If you're using any sort of racing boot, then it would probably amplify your problem, because the pegs just don't bite enough.

Georgia's

Thanks for the reply...

Yeah after the second day of riding I did the same thing and I agree it was better, but If I can find something with bigger teeth and a bit longer angle at the end then I'd like to give it a try.

My boots are a pair of good ol' Georgia's and yes they are very thick soled so I need something that I can really dig into.

http://www.georgiaboot.com/Products/details.aspx?productId=4971&PageNo=1&Gender=01&Cat=1&Sel=Georgia%20Boot%20%3E%20Men's%20%3E%20Sport/Trail&Page=1

Happy Trails,
~hOp

I added a little tab to the outside end of both pegs. Not much, tack welded a nut to the inside of the tab and screwed from the outside inwards. Works great.
P9170001.jpg

Close up of tab.
P9170004.jpg

Check the latest issue of "Quad" magazine, the one with the Thundercat on the front. In the products section, there's a company that makes pegs for machines with floorboards. I thought of this thread when I saw it.

Back